Bucket List Riding - Destinations/Trails

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did a bit of search but didn't find much on this and everything seemed pretty old. I like to travel and bike at least a bit when I do. Thought I'd see from those who have travelled the most, how would you rank bucket list destinations/trails. For those who haven't where would you most like to go!

I think I need some kind of long service leave or a lottery win or maybe I should become a traveling YouTuber - let's face it nobody wants to see or listen to that!

Anyway my thoughts:

Personally I'm not sure how to rank everything but places I'd love to tick off

Canada - Whistler (and generally that area of BC too preferably whilst there Squamish/Pemberton/Vancouver) over on the other side recent videos from Quebec look unreal! Sentiers du Moulin - I'm sure I could ride some of it :) - maybe drop in at Fernie on the way across!

Down in the US - Some of the trails in the PNW look amazing. Hopefully, I'll get a small taste of this at the end of the year weather permitting (big if)

Bentonville although it doesn't have a lot of elevation in town looks like it has some pretty incredible trail building.

Colorado - wide variety of options and some spectacular vistas.

Moab and Utah in general used to hold a fascination and as much as parts of The Whole Enchilada look amazing - I don't know if I'd make it and some parts look significantly less awesome, but I wouldn't mind trying something there or Arizona.

The Alps - Morzine/Les Get - probably heaps of great places.

Finale - seems like it would be epic.

Closer to home love to do more of Tassie beyond Derby and Maydena which is all I have done and even then a while ago.

Across the pond plenty of awesome riding in NZ I'd love to try. Rotorua, Queenstown - Nelson maybe? so many places!

Where did I miss where would you go? What's the best trail you've ridden that's worth travelling for?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
If in NZ, Nelson definitely... There is so much variety within 1hrs drive you could spend a week and ride different stuff everyday. highly recommend Wairoa Gorge...1000+vm per run 15/20 min arm cramping technical descents that don't give you much time to relax, and there are probably 15 or so trails with any variations you can think of. It's all Grade 4+ riding, there is one green trail to filter out the nufties and to be honest if it was in Aus itd probably be a black run.
Rotorua is ace, the dirt is primo, huge variety of riding and the forest is massive, not a pure shuttling destination and you'll have to pedal out to stuff but the riding is excellent.
Queenstown definitely requires a visit too, and once you go there once and work out what you like riding it'll be even better. You can chuck bike park laps all day and not get bored, or catch the chairlift up and pedal out to some awesome back country descents that will leave you with a stupid grin on your face the whole way down.
They would be my 3 go-to spots in NZ, there is plenty of other great riding though and the scenery is great.
For just a 3hr flight from the mainland you can't go wrong.

slowmick

38-39"
Moab is a stunning place and a lot of fun to ride. I have had a photo on my desktop of Porcupine Rim (The bottom of the whole Enchilada) for the past 12 years. The only down side to Moab is it is out of the way. If you can do it as a road trip and add a bunch of destinations it would be awesome. I crowbarred it into our US trip and a 3 day stay burnt 5 days of time once you get there an back (in a 13 seat plane). Would have loved to spend more time there - there is so much to do, not just riding if you like pretty rocks.

Moab.jpg

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
I can only comment on BC in Canada from my experience.

Whistler is great and won’t disappoint. You could stay there a week or even two and be happy as a pig in shit running the lifts or exploring under your own steam.

But my trip has shown me that BC just has masses of amazing trails scattered around the place. it’s a big province and there are places like Revelstoke, Rossland, Kamloops etc or little spots like Coast Gravity Park or massive networks around places like Nelson (the Canada one not the nz one) that are all amazing.

Depends on the time/money you want to put in and the interests of the other people you are travelling with.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Moab and Mammoth are the two main ones for me, both influenced by US magazines from the 90’s.

My Uncle is moving to Salt Lake City soon so that does raise the prospect of hitting Park City and Moab. Maybe accidentally fly in via SF so I’m forced to drive past Mammoth. Plus minor side trips to LA to grab a Foes and Colorado for a Reeb.