Buller chairlift opening hours..

chamboy

Likes Bikes
Does anybody have any news on the chairlift opening hours at Mount Buller this year?? (Season 2013/14)

Last year was a shambles, & only open for a few weeks. I know loads of people complained and wrote to Buller about it, I just wondered if anything came from it??

They really need to compete with the likes of Thredbo, Open Nov to the end of May.. WHAAAAT!! Awesome opening hours. Come on Buller get your arse into gear!!
Bus shuttles just don't cut it!!

cheif_m

Likes Dirt
wrote an email just like a lot of others, got the usual BS back about it being passed on, and have heard nothing since. my guess is Buller have their head so far up their ass, that it is gonna take a lot more screaming and shouting in their direction to get them to hear us.

HimynameisMike

Likes Dirt
in all seriousness, what is the likelihood of getting an organised request together?
start a thread or even a kickstarter (lol) to get buller to stay open more than 4 weekends a year for mountain bikes

cameron_15

Eats Squid
I think the lack of Vic series round this year will come as a bit of a wake up call. Numbers will probably be down quite a bit as I'm sure many people (myself included) would travel there prior to the race for some extra practice.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
No Vic series there means there is also another weekend available for us punters that don't actually race to make use of a chairlift, I am quite happy about this.

dunndog

Eats Squid
If they don't try something else this summer, ie open weekends until Easter or something similar to allow more access for us punters, they truly don't give a shit and I'm sure will be treated accordingly.

Wikid Z

Likes Dirt
If they don't try something else this summer, ie open weekends until Easter or something similar to allow more access for us punters, they truly don't give a shit and I'm sure will be treated accordingly.
Could not have said it better.

DirtDiggler

Likes Bikes
For those of us fly in for a session at buller, they need to keep in mind that queenstown is an extremely competitive option.

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I'm just going to hit up Thredbo this year instead. I want to support the places that make an effort. Haven't seen any shits given by Buller lately, and maybe no VDHS round will be a wake up call, that we don't and shouldn't accept mediocrity.

Then Queenstown next summer.

chamboy

Likes Bikes
I'm just going to hit up Thredbo this year instead. I want to support the places that make an effort. Haven't seen any shits given by Buller lately, and maybe no VDHS round will be a wake up call, that we don't and shouldn't accept mediocrity.

Then Queenstown next summer.
Yeah, If Buller don't get on it, then Queenstown is definitely a goer!!

John U

MTB Precision
I think buller ski lifts don't really care about bikes, which amazes me when the ski season is only going to get worse than the atricious one we're currently having.

The situation would be helped by numbers. I went up season 2011/12 mid week early Jan. Perfect conditions. There was a total of 8 of us using the lift.

More riders, more likely the season will run longer.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I think buller ski lifts don't really care about bikes, which amazes me when the ski season is only going to get worse than the atricious one we're currently having.

The situation would be helped by numbers. I went up season 2011/12 mid week early Jan. Perfect conditions. There was a total of 8 of us using the lift.

More riders, more likely the season will run longer.
No, them using their brains would help them make more money.

Why run it mid week post new years for a total of 20 days of run time when they could run it weekends only for jan/feb/march which would be less total run time days and I'll wager a lot more usage on those days.

I think you are correct, they rip the skiers off enough to make enough money all year round.

dunndog

Eats Squid

Why run it mid week post new years for a total of 20 days of run time when they could run it weekends only for jan/feb/march which would be less total run time days and I'll wager a lot more usage on those days.

I think you are correct, they rip the skiers off enough to make enough money all year round.
spot on there. Running the chairlift every day for 4 weeks across boxing day through the few weeks after the holiday period is just sheer stupidity. Perservering with that setup is insanity.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt

they should have it open for a full week in Jan. if there was a VDHS and A national in constitutive weekends, maybe run the lifts for that week, but then it would be sensible just to run it for weekends only until Easter.
Also if they put some more effort into the trails it would be good too.

chamboy

Likes Bikes
As in like build something worth getting excited out. Abom and Inter are a little outdated.
Yeah build some trails like A-line.. Littered with tables with nothing but flow. Not crap like Copperhead!! What were they thinking?
I hear Falls Creek are getting on it this coming season. Will be interesting to see what DH tracks they will be offering.

rider124

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah build some trails like A-line.. Littered with tables with nothing but flow. Not crap like Copperhead!! What were they thinking?
I hear Falls Creek are getting on it this coming season. Will be interesting to see what DH tracks they will be offering.
I also hear that Baw Baw might be focusing on the summer a little more, after the shitty winter they just had.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I also hear that Baw Baw might be focusing on the summer a little more, after the shitty winter they just had.
While the one track at Baw Baw is fun, I don't appreciate getting ripped off by the businesses up there. While I know GMBC are doing a lot of work up there, I'd need to hear great things before I spend my money going there again. Falls needs to step up to the plate and give Buller a bloody nose! I'm saving for Queenstown and Whistler!

Apparently falls has some stuff in the works, at the beginning of the season I saw that there was already a bit of a track built under falls express with multiple switch backs. Nothing on Buller but at least a good start.

chamboy

Likes Bikes
Has anyone checked out the Surface to Air track at Aston Hill in the UK, it looks so rad!! Someone needs to build some tracks like that. Get something like that on your hill and you won't be able to keep people away!!