NSW Bulli Builders - let's work together!

placebo

Likes Dirt
No, judging from the stumps and their locations, more than just cleaning up what's come down on the trail, and the only NIMBY that matters is the NPWS in this case.

Snit

Likes Bikes
According to a Facebook group for Gong riders, the trees were actually downed from storms and were chopped up and used for building jumps. But I understand that trying to prove that later on is difficult.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
According to a Facebook group for Gong riders, the trees were actually downed from storms and were chopped up and used for building jumps. But I understand that trying to prove that later on is difficult.
Tell me about it.

We had photos of the storm damage and trees as they fell. But that's not much use when the NIMBYs have a photo of logs in jumps and a guy with a chainsaw.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Bulli is on land controlled by the NPWS. Jumps made out of logs are regarded by them as unauthorised structures, no matter how the logs were sourced, and their reaction will be the same as it's always been there.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bulli is on land controlled by the NPWS. Jumps made out of logs are regarded by them as unauthorised structures, no matter how the logs were sourced, and their reaction will be the same as it's always been there.

True, but illegal trails with jumps are just as illegal as illegal trails without jumps. If NPWS want to shut down a trail, presence/absence of jumps rarely factors in to the decision making process.

placebo

Likes Dirt
School holidays are here. Hopefully by the end of them, all the rocks will have finished being dug out or spray painted, and the last couple of corners will have been removed.

mr_marko

Likes Bikes
I don't live in the area but would love to come down help build and ride some of the tracks.... As long as they are just DH trails. I do have a little trail build experience from working at Thredbo for a couple of seasons. So if I can be of any help please let me know.

Graniteman

Cannon Fodder
Is anyone still arranging ride and build days in Bulli?
Going by the works that can be seen in Bulli DH there is definitely an active builder/crew in the area. First class wooden bridge berm over a small creek and a second flow line lower down have appeared over winter.

As for organised ride days not to sure, there are a couple of local FB pages you could try.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Going by the works that can be seen in Bulli DH there is definitely an active builder/crew in the area.
I'll bite on this, because there are about four people/crews with no coordination, and differing goals from what I've seen just living and riding near there, so it's just a mess.

First class wooden bridge berm over a small creek and a second flow line lower down have appeared over winter.
Also, that bridge is retarded. It's not a creek, the creek is off to the left and can be seen at the other bridge crossing further up. It's a water course active in heavy rains, and the bridge now channels the water course into a much narrower area, and has begun to undercut itself. What was a flat lip has become an narrow erosion trench moving up the direction of flow, and it will eventually fuck the trail there completely.

Graniteman

Cannon Fodder
I'll bite on this, because there are about four people/crews with no coordination, and differing goals from what I've seen just living and riding near there, so it's just a mess.

Sounds like.your the man to give them some guidance.

There has been someone chopping trees like mad this month and building jumps on the old line down the rut. Not good.

placebo

Likes Dirt
Sounds like.your the man to give them some guidance.

There has been someone chopping trees like mad this month and building jumps on the old line down the rut. Not good.
Fuck no. I'm too old for that shit. I just say hello to everyone I see and deal with the changes. The old rut work just illustrates how sad it is to see effort wasted. If someone's going to put hours in, why not try to make it good? The work at Tarrawanna or Keira shows what could possibly be achieved with some thought.

placebo

Likes Dirt
It's not a creek, the creek is off to the left and can be seen at the other bridge crossing further up.
Also, because I'm on a posting roll here, this bridge is just a stupid patch for what was an older problem, and basically sums up everything there. Props to whoever built it, it helps, but it doesn't fix the issue. People didn't like the rocky creek crossing after the shute there, and filled it in over the years, despite others trying to keep it clear. This diverted the rainfall out of the creek flow and down the trail to the right, scouring the hole out there where the top and mid trails meet, with the rainfall flow turning the next section into an eroded rocky mess. Every time it rains heavily, the trails gets eroded away, someone shovels a handful of dirt into the trail as a band-aid fix, and the process repeats.

placebo

Likes Dirt
basically sums up everything there.
Actually, what really sums up Bulli was the rock painting duel. Someone started painting rocks they couldn't pull out in hi-vis paint, and then someone else came along and repainted them black. That's how retarded things are there.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
Placebo, all your posts remind me of a famous quote; "If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem"...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

placebo

Likes Dirt
If you think raising specific points about deficiencies in the construction of an unauthorised trail on public land is trolling so be it. As a member of the public, it's entirely reasonable for me to comment on the use of public land. If you can't deal with someone expressing an opinion you don't like that's your problem.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Got sent this earlier today. No comment needed I think.
I know it isn't at all funny but didn't it turn out to be a joke that one of the local's put up as a gag on some other people on that forum? Either way, it's pretty fucking stupid to see that shit go public for a place that's trying to convince people to vote for and spend a ton of cash on a bike park at Mt Keira.