Bush First Aid

rumblefish

Likes Dirt
A mate I was riding with last Friday had a big crash and pretty much ripped his shoulder away from its AC joint. While still on the track helping him recover, a couple of guys came riding past. One of them suggested using my spare tube to make a sling so we could walk back to the car. This worked fantastically and was actually praised by the nurses when we arrived at hospital.

I just thought I would raise it as we are often in situations when crashes occur and I it may get you out of a bad situation one day.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
A mate I was riding with last Friday had a big crash and pretty much ripped his shoulder away from its AC joint. While still on the track helping him recover, a couple of guys came riding past. One of them suggested using my spare tube to make a sling so we could walk back to the car. This worked fantastically and was actually praised by the nurses when we arrived at hospital.

I just thought I would raise it as we are often in situations when crashes occur and I it may get you out of a bad situation one day.
Quick thinking! And another reason to carry a tube rather than patches...