Buxton Trails?

beardi

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has been out to buxton lately and can advise of the current trail conditions? A few of us are planning a ride there this weekend and have never been before, so just looking to see that its all ridable before we head up there. Any suggestions for routes, must do's etc?

Cheers in advance

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Was out on Saturday - trails are perfect. Very little rain here this week so no reason for that to change. Just do multiple loops and heading a different direction each time. Acheron Ridge, Off-camber, Spider Gully etc, they pretty much all flow into each other to form a loop. The new bermy bit right at the end is cool too. It's an easy place to work out the ins and outs.

Last edited:

dunndog

Eats Squid
Big fan. Went out there a couple months ago solo for a few hrs, had one of the best arvo's riding I can remember. Kudos to the crew working out there, doing a spectacular job. Might be heading back out this friday so glad to hear trails are running mint.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big fan. Went out there a couple months ago solo for a few hrs, had one of the best arvo's riding I can remember. Kudos to the crew working out there, doing a spectacular job. Might be heading back out this friday so glad to hear trails are running mint.
I'm with the dog. I've recently moved OS for about 3 years, the last place I chose to ride before leaving Melbs was Buxton. No idea about current trail conditions but get out there.

wozza

Likes Bikes
Buxton is such a well maintained trail network by a dedicated bunch-it don't matter if wet or dry, you'll have a blast!!!

kip01

Likes Dirt
Can anyone tell me were abouts these trails are would like to go out there tomorrow to check them out?

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Coming from Melbourne, take first left after the Shell service station as you head into Buxton. Drive to the end of the road where you pass over a single lane bridge, it turns to gravel, the dedicated parking is 200m past the bridge on your right.

beardi

Likes Dirt
Waldog and I rode out here today. Massive shout out to the builders and diggers - you have done an amazing job! Some of the best riding I've done in Australia; if you're thinking about heading out there for a look, you will not be disappointed! Thanks for the tips everyone, had a f%^$n blast!

gregp

Likes Dirt
Have they cut any new trails there in the last 1-2 years? I've ridden there once around 2yrs ago now. It was very nice, but thought "some of the best in Australia" was a bit of a stretch. Definitely hope it has expanded into a kick arse park. I'm sick of Lysterfield and trips to the You Yangs.

beardi

Likes Dirt
Perhaps not the volume of trails, but what is there is pretty outstanding. Not technical but loads of flow. It looked pretty new to me (1st time today) and is about 1000x better than lysterfield.

Beej1

...and is about 1000x better than lysterfield.
I rate most footpaths about 10x better than Lysty ... so I'll have to check out these trails you speak of that are 100 times better than my local footpaths.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very envious of you lot.

If you haven't been there for a while, the big berm section at the end was only built last year & is too much fun. Gotta love a trail that has a big reward at the end of the loop. The top decent with the smaller berms & drops was maybe 2012 & the rest has been around for a while. Spider gully is still great & the roller coaster following it loads of fun.

Great spot because it's a bit out of the way so most of it can be ridden all year round, doesn't suffer from the 500 odd people hammering the trails every weekend like lysty & the yarra.

On a side note nuclear powered, your name popped up on a search of Phuket trails. I'm heading there next month, if you had any luck could you share

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BUXTON MTB PARK CLOSED for winter

Passing on the message for those who aren't on FB...

BUXTON MTB PARK CLOSED for winter. Due to recent storm damage and heavy rain causing the soil profile to be saturated the park will be closed for the remainder of winter. Please respect the closure as damage caused now will be difficult and costly to fix. Please spread the word on other forums, so that people do not drive all the way up to find the trails closed.

10462981_497638157048189_3287988632373888199_n.jpg

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Opening Date?.

Hi Steve .Can you shed some light on when Buxton will reopen?.1st of sept?.Is it clear?.cheers.