Buying Specialized at Bike Shops

Hey guys,

I was looking at getting a specialized p series bike. Started off with wanting a p.26am but now loving the p.3 (loving the look)! Aside from almost being double the price! So firstly what are your opinions of these bikes!

Because most of these bikes will have to be ordered in, I just wanted to know your thoughts/opinions if you can haggle down the price a bit? or get as many freebies as possible?

Not sure how it works as they are set RRP wherever I look online.

Another thing I was thinking of was buying the P.3 frame and building it up, somehow resulting in it being cheaper or the same price as a complete (Building it up will be the fun part)

Thanks for your help!

slyfox

Likes Bikes
I'd ring around, let them know you are serious about purchasing and ready to hand over the cash. Ring back other stores with the best price you been given and see if they can beat it.

Price is important but customer service and location is just as important I reckon.

As for building up, buying parts online may look cheaper but unless you have all the necessary tools to do it yourself, it could cost you more in the long run.

sedifus

Likes Dirt
I work in a shop so hopefully I know something.... (Well I like to think so anyway). Pick your local dealer as they are where your buying it from. Call up another big dealer and say that your local can do 10% off retail but you're calling these big guys as your friend said they can do a ripper deal. Take that price to your local and ask if they can match/beat it.

You want to buy from your local as their support is great and it's only a short ride to get there if you have any troubles with the bike. They won't drop their pants on price because their margins aren't as big as the larger dealer, although they can probably price match without losing out.

Building up your own ride is always good fun and a great learning experience but as a first bike I think it is a lot better to have full support of the professionals. 99% of the time building up a bike from scratch will be more expensive, remember specialized buy their parts a lot cheaper than you could ever hope to.

rabatt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
specialized shops aren't meant to discount bikes, good luck! if you try what the guy above said you will most likely have to have proof that they will give you the discount from the first shop/the second shop you call will call the shop you say will give you the price, if you are bullshitting neather shop will like you...

but p.3s are sick bikes. enjoy

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Specialized don't have any P.3's left. you will have to wait for the 2014 to be released. I just tried to order one myself.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Specialized don't have any P.3's left. you will have to wait for the 2014 to be released. I just tried to order one myself.

Or, if it's anything like my recent experience with Specialized, they have no clue who has what, including whats in their warehouse. There will be something somewhere, I'd ring around ;)

Bike Now in Sth Melb seem to have alot of stock and Drift in Kotara are really helpful.

By the way, you've got more of a chance of curing aids than getting a discount.

Luke.Z

Likes Bikes
I have never been to a specialized shop that won't drop their prices. Even what was supposedly the last of a specific sized frame in Australia in a particular colour and they still dropped the price.

awesome, all promising comments!

I'll let you all know how I go... hopefully in the post your ride section soon!

thanks again!

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Checkout BikeExchange... If you find a shop with one listed ring and see if they have any in stock or if they could courier if they are in a different state to you.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Checkout BikeExchange... If you find a shop with one listed ring and see if they have any in stock or if they could courier if they are in a different state to you.
Bike exchange is definitely a good idea but in my experience, shops won't courier to other states as I think most shops have limited areas (generally within the state) where they can sell. Had to pick up and send a bike in Victoria to a mate in Qld because the shop wouldn't do it.

I found one on bike exchange! Real happy aside from the fact like Rednightmare said they won't send it!!! He said if a friend purchases it for me in store, the shop can then send it to me. Something about restrictions set by Specialized :-\

I am in love with this bike too without even have sat on it yet...

Hopefully something comes up as I have seriously rung every specialized dealer! haha

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Ask an honest fellow rotorburner to buy it and ship it to you ?

Pay said rotorburner some beer monies and should be sweet.

RainbowofDETH

Likes Dirt
weightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweightweight?

:)