Cairns World Cup!!

madflap

Likes Dirt
this was only the second race i have seen on the television. the other was the SBS coverage of this years nationals. both made me want to go out and ride my bike - regardless of how many shots of trees i had to watch waiting for the riders to come into view. it was exciting watching big names bin it and what looked to be very quick runs.

Thank you to everyone who put in time and effort to make the Cairns event possible. It helps make MTB a little more acceptable/understood. my better half has no interest in what i do in the bush on my bicycle but even she was drawn in by the downhill coverage. even if she thought the riders were nuts :thumb:

Didn't hep me convince her to honeymoon in Carins though so she could relax and i could ride though :pout:
I am very sure 4dabush and myself could send you plenty of information that would make her want to come here when the next one is on. :)

4dabush

Likes Dirt
this was only the second race i have seen on the television. the other was the SBS coverage of this years nationals. both made me want to go out and ride my bike - regardless of how many shots of trees i had to watch waiting for the riders to come into view. it was exciting watching big names bin it and what looked to be very quick runs.

Thank you to everyone who put in time and effort to make the Cairns event possible. It helps make MTB a little more acceptable/understood. my better half has no interest in what i do in the bush on my bicycle but even she was drawn in by the downhill coverage. even if she thought the riders were nuts :thumb:

Didn't hep me convince her to honeymoon in Carins though so she could relax and i could ride though :pout:
Or Tastydirt can hook you up with a sweeeeeeet apartment overlooking the Paradise Palms Golf Course, which has restaurants, day spa, our best golf course, pools, and is ohhh, maybe 5 minutes ride to the trail head:rockon:

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Re: footage.
Ive only watched highlights. Awesome.
Mine mate who's a rider generally hates watching DH races, but loved it.
Nuff sed for me. :clap2:

slowmick

38-39"
thanks guys - could you have used ideas men like you when we were planning. Alas we are off overseas with no chance of biking. seems we'll have to talk to each other.

Jeffgre_6163

Likes Dirt
Camera found

Hey All
I found a camera at the Atherton Forest MTB park yesterday.
The camera has shots of the world cup DH and riding down at the Douglas reserve in Townsville.
I'm thinking road trip from further south given the balance of the shots on the camera.
If its yours or you know whose PM me - I really would like to return it to its rightful owner : )