-Nokia 3100 mobile phone-blue
-Dragon optical glasses, model ghost-Blue/Black
-Brunswick St Fox jersey
-House keys
-Inertia DVD (brand new)
Date it was stolen: 19/1/05
Where it was stolen: Hungry Jacks Melbourne, near Flinders St
Time: About 9:30ish.

Basically some bloke has walked out with my backpack full of stuff, valued at over $700, im friggin annoyed, mainly because i rang the mobile phone that was in the bag and this stupid drugged up stoner answered and gave me his address and shit, but the police cant do anything. If anyone knows anything, which i very much doubt let me know. Seeing as someone has definantly taken it i'd say chances are slim though. Now im probably going to have to sell my bike to get all my stuff back, it was kinda essential.

Thanks anyway
Rob

danv

Likes Dirt
That sucks dude. Are you saying that this guy who answered the phonewas the guy who stole it? Or a guy who bought the stolen phone? If youhave his adress why not just go over there? (tread carefully of course).

But selling your bike?! If it was me, i'd be grabbing a $20 3210, andcopying someone else's DVD (you already payed for it). Sunnies are abitch though...

HAL

Squid
Well first of all I agree it fucking sucks, but common, be a bit more open to suggestions and what people are going to say, i.e. "Thanks anyway", you are posting here for help arn't you?

You have this blokes supposed address, the first thing I would be doing is going straight around there to question him and see where you get, maybe even go around asking to buy a Camelbak.... unless he knows what you look like, then just say hey fuckface, whats the deal? Where's my shit... you could get a friend to do the dirty work if he knows what you look like allready.

Of course the cops won't do shit, they only want to know about you when you've done something wrong.

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree that the DVD and the phone can be replaced. But the camelback is $200 and the sunnies $180, they have to be replaced before i start uni. i would be tempted to go over and question him about the stuff and i can only assume that the person i talked to on the phone was the guy that stole it, i called it less that half an hour after the bag was taken, and he sounded like really drugged up, not the sort of person BUYING a phone thats for sure. But i dont particularly like the idea of getting stabbed or whatever for the sake of a few bits and pieces, its not worth it. Im not selling my bike just because of that, im not gonna really need a street/DJ bike at Buller anyway.

Cheers for your help guys.

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thats really sucks robbie. If you have reported it to police, can they not do anything ? i mean with the address that person supplied?
I know this may be a bit stupid(and taking law into your own hands) but why not grab a fair few mates or something, and head over?

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well i havent been told the EXACT address, but the guy told me it was oppsite the catholic cemetary in Sydney Rd Fawkner. There cant be that many places there... Im willing to do a door knock/pay a visit, but by myself im not exactly built like a bouncer, i'd need some serious help. If anyones interested im up for it. Yes i did tell the police and they say that until they get an exact address they cant do anything. My mobile number is 0419825043 and is still accepting incoming calls and rings when called, feel free to try something, just make your story good when you ring and try and get some good intel. Dont just ring for the sake of it. I dont want him turning the phone off. It'd be good if i could ring him when drugged up again and see if he can leak some more stuff.

bazza

look at me
just get it done quickly before your stuff is no longer in his possesion. which can be very soon. or could of already happened. so gather some farkinites and get over there asap!

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah i will be, i need a plan of attack, im not gonna get anything back if i just barge into any old house and say "gimme my shit back" that clearly isnt gonna work. I need people to come with, and i need some kind of idea what im looking for and how to go about it, any ideas people???

11:11

Likes Dirt
hmm it's kinda hard.. but you could try this.

pretend that you are willing to give him some money to get your stuff back..
(most probably he'll agree because he is after $$ rather than the stuff)

the best is probably to meet him somewhere (not at his place..too risky),
of course for security reason you gotta bring some mates with you.
but the most important thing is he musn't see that you have lots of friends coming with you,
otherwise he'll be scared and most probaby will runaway
(so you have to ask your mates to hide around the corner, not too far away but they must be able to see you)

go approach the guy by yourself...
once you meet the guy, tell him that you want to make sure that all your stuff are in the bag
Hopefully he will hand over the bag and let you check the bag yourself
once you see everything is in the bag, quickly run away
in case he chases you, your mates can come out and give that farker some lessons..

good luck mate

Last edited:

Spooky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Now thats a good idea 11:11 . Or maybe aven give him like $30 or something...he may not know how much that camelback,the glasses and the dvd are worth.

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thats along the lines of what i was thinking, problems now are:The block i put on the phone on wednesday night has now come into effect, so i cant ring him anymore and i dont have an exact addrress, only oppsite the catholic cemetary, sydney rd fawkner. After looking in the melways the cemetary covers a stretch of road like 2km long. Theres too many houses to search. Unless the police can identify him from the CCTV in hungry jacks i reckon it isnt gonna happen.

naz

Criminally Inane
wtf are u saying one minute u know his address but the cops cant do anything the next u dont know his address.

why dont u just go and get ur stuff back.

a) dont negotiate gettin ur stuff back he'll never agree to it, if he stole it in the first place whats the point in giving it back
b) its too late if hes a junkie hes already sold ur shit for the next hit.
c) u should have gone straight to him the minute u knew his address
d) theres no point trying to salvage video footage, police wouldnt waste there time on such petty theft(well in syd anyway)
e) man u should have acted the min u knew his whereabouts.

Last edited:

Fat_Ride

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why sell your bike to get your stuff back.... Suck it up and buy a cheaper camel back (Hydropak's are only about $60 and are tuff as) and get yourself some servo sunnies for the time being.

I know it sucks to have your gear stolen... i've been there myself... just don't go and do shit to make things worse for yourself.

Other than that, hang around his supposed address and scope it out. see him, beat him!!

DJ_Robbie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Naz, yeah i shoulda gone there, but looking back on it now, when im not quite as annoyed i probably wouldnt have got far. At first i assumed the area he told me wasnt that big, looking at a map later on, it was quite a stretch of road it could have been on. Im kinda over it now anyway, i spose its just a lesson for next time.
fat_ride, this isnt the only reason im selling my bike, im moving out of home next month and kinda want to have some spare money and Buller hasnt exactly got too many DJ's or street to use it on, i'd be better to get my DH bike running nice and save some money for the ski season. And i wouldnt wanna bother buying cheap replacements anyway, its like breaking an XTR deraileur and getting an SIS, just as a short term replacement, i may as well get the good stuff again straight away.

Just wanna say thanks again for all the support, i know it didnt amount to much, its good to know its out there though (support, not my camelbak)

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i say you get some good mates (around 10-ish),make one of 'em tim and his karate skills! get 5 of them to wait in the car near the house so they can see the whole 'deal' going down, get 4 of them to wait around the side/back door so if the theif senses a SWAT action taking place and he runs you'll have a couple guys waiting for him, and for the other guy make him walk up and down the street as a innocent neighbour walking! ask him if he has any bags or sunnies because youve heard of a person that theres some cheap stuff (wink wink) if he dosent coopperate....you know what to do

i know this is really silly but it would be interesting to see take place

hope ya get ya stuff rob

aaronzor

Likes Dirt
Suggestion

well mate i agree that sucks that some lame ass stole ur stuff. all i can suggest is go to the police tell em the story see what they can do or try contact hungry jacks and see if they got security cameras they might have him on camera. hope you get your stuff back mate!!! :confused:

at the drive in

Likes Dirt
If he was drugged up the first time you rang him just after he stole it then the chances are high that your stuff paid for that hit.