Campagnolo mechanic

scblack

Leucocholic
My bike needed more service than I thought.

1. Campagnolo is phased out of 11spd now. So my choices for 11spd parts is limited.
2. I'm replacing: front derailleur. Fine. Ends up it has to be Chorus as Super Record is not available. Oh well - yes please put that on.
3. So I'll get a new Record chain, oh and a Chorus cassette while at it too. Great thanks!

4. Phone call: Hey your chain rings are worn to old chain, so we'll need to replace them too. Fuck. They only have 52 tooth + 39tooth. Bugger - yes please add the 52 tooth. (I've only ever had 53tooth front ring).

Oh well, after this hopefully doesn't need anything for a couple of years....... :cool:

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
My bike needed more service than I thought.

1. Campagnolo is phased out of 11spd now. So my choices for 11spd parts is limited.
2. I'm replacing: front derailleur. Fine. Ends up it has to be Chorus as Super Record is not available. Oh well - yes please put that on.
3. So I'll get a new Record chain, oh and a Chorus cassette while at it too. Great thanks!

4. Phone call: Hey your chain rings are worn to old chain, so we'll need to replace them too. Fuck. They only have 52 tooth + 39tooth. Bugger - yes please add the 52 tooth. (I've only ever had 53tooth front ring).

Oh well, after this hopefully doesn't need anything for a couple of years....... :cool:
Sucker for punishment. At least the 11 SPD Shimano is easily available. Even 10 SPD is not too hard to get.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

scblack

Leucocholic
Sucker for punishment. At least the 11 SPD Shimano is easily available. Even 10 SPD is not too hard to get.
Yeh, a bit of sucker I guess.:) Including the two new Pirelli tyres I just chucked on, it's going to be pushing $1,000 all up for this service - and it's a Downgrade to boot.

But it has been 3 years since any work was done on it, so its not too bad.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Yeh, a bit of sucker I guess.:) Including the two new Pirelli tyres I just chucked on, it's going to be pushing $1,000 all up for this service - and it's a Downgrade to boot.

How old is the bike? If you've got an alloy steerer fork it might be worth giving that a check as well. Also how is the brake track looking on the rims?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

scblack

Leucocholic
How old is the bike? If you've got an alloy steerer fork it might be worth giving that a check as well. Also how is the brake track looking on the rims?
Bike is good otherwise. Steerer is carbon. Rims are Bora One 50mm (carbon) and four years old - no wear.

Parts have been upgraded regularly, and well maintained.

scblack

Leucocholic

Yes I got reemed.;) $1,177 for front derailleur, chain, cassette, front brake pads, 2 front chainrings, shifter cables. Plus general service fee, oh and fitting fee.
It is running perfectly!
On top of $160 for PIrelli tyres.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
$1200 bill from a bike shop :oops:

You need to start buying the parts and doing it yourself.

Pirelli P Zeros are only $60 here and cheaper overseas.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Where? These are virtually the only ones I could find at all.
Depending on what size you want.

scblack

Leucocholic
Depending on what size you want.

Damn, did not come up with that a few weeks ago. I got them from BikeBug @ 20% off too.

RE: Service Cost: I normally do most/all my own buying and service but I have not ridden much over covid times, and bike got a good going over and a refresh. It should not need touching now for a couple of years. Overall a bit more costly than I wanted but I spent Zero on it for three years, so its OK I reckon. :cool: