Can America be fixed?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yes, that will fix the homeless crisis.
Holy fuck! It’s somehow worse than it first appears. If the Bill passes, cities will be able to designate areas for the homeless and if the homeless are caught outside that area, even in a car trying to get some sleep, they will be charged and potentially fined or given a prison term of 90 days!

That’s possibly the best outcome. Another option would be to try and camp on someone’s property whereby they could shoot you and not face any criminal charges.

It am utterly at a loss to understand how anyone in that community can think those actions are right and reasonable. Let alone be a good approach to treating the complex issues that lead to homelessness.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Holy fuck! It’s somehow worse than it first appears. If the Bill passes, cities will be able to designate areas for the homeless and if the homeless are caught outside that area, even in a car trying to get some sleep, they will be charged and potentially fined or given a prison term of 90 days!

That’s possibly the best outcome. Another option would be to try and camp on someone’s property whereby they could shoot you and not face any criminal charges.

It am utterly at a loss to understand how anyone in that community can think those actions are right and reasonable. Let alone be a good approach to treating the complex issues that lead to homelessness.
You mustn't be following how Team Red is filling their followers' heads with divisive bs, shrill catchphrases, and walking the dopey bastards into allowing themselves to be sucked into fascist rule...........

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
You mustn't be following how Team Red is filling their followers' heads with divisive bs, shrill catchphrases, and walking the dopey bastards into allowing themselves to be sucked into fascist rule...........
I am (to some degree) but I continue to be astounded at the meanness and outright, textbook fascism that’s not only being pedalled by republicans but supported (either actively or implicitly) by ‘civil’ society.

In fact, the lack of action by broader society to reject this appalling bullshit is what scars me most.

It kind of sounds a bit like Rambo.
Interestingly, I just rewatched this recently and you’re right. The premise is based firmly on the idea that a homeless person is undesirable and all force should be used to humiliate and remove them. We all know how that turned out for them….

Last edited:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I mean.. he might be there as a PR exercise....

but there is likely much money to be made running the American concentration camps too so.... maybe just getting ideas? o_O

View attachment 406465
Well, VW and BASF and a bunch of other corporates still in existence did use a lot of labour from those camps - so maybe he has some plans to lower production costs of the cybertruck?

Jabubu

let you google that for me
A part of me would like to see America cut ties with the rest of the world just to see people like this realise that America can't stand on its own.
I'd like Florida to secede and then all the Trump and Musk devotees, Liberal tear drinkers and God botherers can live there.