Can America be fixed?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
..... Are we siblings?

Speaking of siblings, this SCOTUS ruling reminded me of an article
The U.S. far right has a curious affinity for the Taliban - The Washington Post
I have found that a lot of the far right leaders (like Trump) also have an admiration of communist leaders like Putin, Kim Jong-un and Xi Jinping due to their no nonsense attitudes to suppressing any criticism, outright power over the people and not having to bend to the public perception.
This is despite that the far right use communism as a call out for the left. It's a bit like that staunch old homophobic bloke that publicly and vehemently hates gay people, but is a closet homosexual himself. :rolleyes:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I have found that a lot of the far right leaders (like Trump) also have an admiration of communist leaders like Putin, Kim Jong-un and Xi Jinping due to their no nonsense attitudes to suppressing any criticism, outright power over the people and not having to bend to the public perception.
This is despite that the far right use communism as a call out for the left. It's a bit like that staunch old homophobic bloke that publicly and vehemently hates gay people, but is a closet homosexual himself. :rolleyes:
Fascism is fascism, regardless of the brand of economics they give it.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Fascism is fascism, regardless of the brand of economics they give it.
Absolutely. Unfortunately I think we've been seeing fascistic tendencies creep into our society as well - for example the laws outlawing protesting by blocking critical infrastructure.

crash3

Likes Dirt
I think trump will make a run. Theres enough about it in the news to suggest he's gonna try, i don't think he'll get in. BUT I didn't think he'd get in the first time either, so....who knows
Hopefully he get slapped with at least some sort of felony following the Jan 6 committee's findings, making him ineligible for the office. But given he was impeached twice and McConnell et. al. refused to take it further even after he was out of office, I'd say the chances of that are pretty slim.

If he does get charged and convicted, he'll call it a co-ordinated conspiracy by 'the cabal'.
If he runs for office and loses, it'll be mass voter fraud by 'the cabal'.
If he runs for office and wins, it'll still be mass voter fraud, but he was just so darn popular he beat it.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Corrected for accuracy. Trump 2.0 ain't happening :D
I wouldn't necessarily say that Trump will get back in but I wouldn't be surprised if the Republican party get back power in the next election. I think Biden is a pretty poor candidate, he'll be too old to sit another term and if there is a recession, he will cop the blame.