Cane Creek DB Inline

teK--

Eats Squid
The field tuning guide they give you is very helpful and explains things in easy to follow terms.

For the SB66 I would be surprised if there isn't an official base tune available and a lot of user reports out there on what works well.

No news about remote climbswitch yet but I doubt I will get one. I like my bars uncluttered and definitely don't want any cables running along the frame from the shock. It is too easy just to reach down and flick the lever when an extended climb is approaching and just as you reach the top before the descent.

NSDynamics

Farkin Advertiser
So just a quick little first ride summary for anyone interested.

Did a quick set up based on experience from the earlier ccdbs, put in 185psi, (about 20% sag), left the vol reducer out, happily installed my bottle cage again and rode.

I've ridden the Cane Creek Double Barrel air and DBCS since they first arrived and can honestly say the Inline has the same ride quality if not slightly better. As far as sensitivity goes it is noticeably better, likely due to use of a diaphragm as opposed to an ifp of the predecessors. Breakaway is always tops on the ccdba due to their large volume negative air spring but the Inlines certainly is enhanced by use of the diaphragm/bladder. As the neg volume is so great it can feel like it breaks away a little to easy and some may liken it to a step or notch once your at the point of the negative air spring being inactive but it isn't noticed on the trail and it's nothing a couple of clicks of lsc can't help out with.

I'm usually not a flicker of switches but seen as it was there and there was a significant switchbacky, rocky climb in front of me I thought I'd better give it a go. (Put my pike to mid setting also). All as I could think was why have I been so lazy and not utilized this little switch in the past? Obviously there was less movement there out of the seat when climbing but also the wheel traction was faultless. Increasing lsr as well as lsc really is noticeable on the techy, rocky climbs. The wheel just stays on the ground. Lockout really is a thing of the past.

So pretty happy with it so far and the best thing about the ccdbs is they always get better with fine tuning.

Axelnose

Likes Bikes
Anyone seen one of these on a carbon Nomad by any chance? Thinking of getting one instead of my rp23 as well as a 180mm fork (instead of my 36r talas) to make it more DH friendly.

cplagz

Squid
So just a quick little first ride summary for anyone interested.

Did a quick set up based on experience from the earlier ccdbs, put in 185psi, (about 20% sag), left the vol reducer out, happily installed my bottle cage again and rode.

I've ridden the Cane Creek Double Barrel air and DBCS since they first arrived and can honestly say the Inline has the same ride quality if not slightly better. As far as sensitivity goes it is noticeably better, likely due to use of a diaphragm as opposed to an ifp of the predecessors. Breakaway is always tops on the ccdba due to their large volume negative air spring but the Inlines certainly is enhanced by use of the diaphragm/bladder. As the neg volume is so great it can feel like it breaks away a little to easy and some may liken it to a step or notch once your at the point of the negative air spring being inactive but it isn't noticed on the trail and it's nothing a couple of clicks of lsc can't help out with.

I'm usually not a flicker of switches but seen as it was there and there was a significant switchbacky, rocky climb in front of me I thought I'd better give it a go. (Put my pike to mid setting also). All as I could think was why have I been so lazy and not utilized this little switch in the past? Obviously there was less movement there out of the seat when climbing but also the wheel traction was faultless. Increasing lsr as well as lsc really is noticeable on the techy, rocky climbs. The wheel just stays on the ground. Lockout really is a thing of the past.

So pretty happy with it so far and the best thing about the ccdbs is they always get better with fine tuning.
Care to share how you have your dials currently setup? and also roughly your kitted out riding weight ? Only just fitted mine up and looking forward to having a play but would like a few "pre ridden" setups to write down and take with me to try.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Separate purchase. Fox or rock shox hardware will also fit.
Nope. Tried to mount with the fox float hardware on the shock that came supplied with the bike, and the flanged bushings don't fit in the eyelet of the CCIL.

angrybadger

Likes Dirt
Nope. Tried to mount with the fox float hardware on the shock that came supplied with the bike, and the flanged bushings don't fit in the eyelet of the CCIL.
I was also pretty sure they're the same size. Could you be missing a DU bush in the CC shock, or have the DU bush in there but using the new style fox mount kit which works without a bush?

Klips

Likes Dirt
I was also pretty sure they're the same size. Could you be missing a DU bush in the CC shock, or have the DU bush in there but using the new style fox mount kit which works without a bush?
Nah, the flanged bushing is too wide to fit the opening but the axle fits perfectly without them - the problem then is that the spacing is wrong.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Post some pics I am using new style Fox 7 piece kit and it fits just fine.
Given that I cracked the shock mount on reinstall despite using a torque wrench my muppettry knows no bounds. With that in mind, I went to my lbs who I bought it from and it's likely that I didn't notice the pre-installed DU bushing which, when removed, will work with the fox stuff just fine. I just won't have a bike to apply it to for a while now (although a few friends seem to suddenly have issues with their shocks subsequent to finding this out, I wonder why.....)

teK--

Eats Squid
Given that I cracked the shock mount on reinstall despite using a torque wrench my muppettry knows no bounds. With that in mind, I went to my lbs who I bought it from and it's likely that I didn't notice the pre-installed DU bushing which, when removed, will work with the fox stuff just fine. I just won't have a bike to apply it to for a while now (although a few friends seem to suddenly have issues with their shocks subsequent to finding this out, I wonder why.....)
Re-post in fuckwits thread :)

ChopSticks

Banned
Heavier or lighter? I would have thought the CCDB would be heavier than an RP23.
sorry! lighter was the word i was thinking... but didnt write.

I think the rp23 is around the 310~grams (if i recall). So its really not much lighter considering the performance gains of the inline. I think the monarch plus is 325g~, also not bad considering its got a piggy back on it.