Cane Creek DB Inline

Gripo

Eats Squid
335g with pre installed bushings but no other mounting hardware.
Awesome.....mint355 got me a weight on his Fox CTD at 262g.....

Looks like I will have a wait on an Inline as 200x57 are OOS atm...sometime in the first half of Oct apparently

Money down on one though :twiddlethumbs

teK--

Eats Squid
The DBAir are not generally a shock someone buys if they want the lightest...

Even if it was 100g more than a comparable size RP23 it's still worth it IMHO.

Z

Zaf

takai.... is that weight from weighing yours?

I found this picture of someones (apparently off a sb66)... so I can only assume its 8.5 x 2.5
http://www.sicklines.com/gallery/sh...i-sb66-sb-66-fox-rp23-8-5x2-5-kashima/cat/529

large air can? bushings?... or did you steal my digital balance? :behindsofa:

Clearly the Float CTD BV is a better choice. The weight savings alone put it ahead of the Float X in almost every regard. All that wasted oil volume and damping.

frostty74

Likes Dirt
Chops........the RP23 off the Yeti weighed in at 298gr without mounting hardware, 310gr with. So a slight weight penalty with the Inline, but well worth it.

SaabG

Likes Dirt
I took my v2 alloy nomad for it's first spin today with the inline installed and it's just sorted out all the annoying habits the nomad had. It doesn't wallow about in the mid stroke and it doesnt buck you from full compression. The climb switch is very noticeable. I reckon I was going 5km/hr faster on the commute to my local and on some long techy climbs I had more power and traction than before. I couldn't be happier with mne.

ChopSticks

Banned
Chops........the RP23 off the Yeti weighed in at 298gr without mounting hardware, 310gr with. So a slight weight penalty with the Inline, but well worth it.

awesome stuff Frosty.... pretty much the same as the one i pictured earlier.
Definitely agree! <60grams for a SHIT load more shock!

hows the tuning going with the Inline?
I know there was ALOT of issues with people not being able to get the CCDBA to use full travel without using excess sag on the SB66/95... which consequently meant the Switch link/ride quality suffered.
any such issues with the inline?

I spent yesterday playing with the RP23... re-setting sag and playing with it more... will see how it feels on wednesdays night ride!

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Might depend on the frame I guess but no issues at all using all travel on my Trance (regressive leverage curve with slight progression just at the end of travel).

Recently from my PYR thread:

:Just thought I'd give an update regarding tuning the DB Inline.

After initial ride on base settings I found it was blowing through the travel a bit too much on big hits as well as requiring a bit more mid-stroke support; the back was riding a bit lower through small bumps than I would have liked. Increased the HSC by half a turn (2.5 turns adjustment range), backed off HSR by a quarter turn to increase pop on the jumps, and increased LSC by 2 clicks (18 clicks adjustment range).

It felt pretty good but I wanted a bit more of everything and didn't want to raise the air pressure as I was already running a nice amount of sag (14mm/28% as recommended by CC) and gave very good small bump compliance.

After speaking to CC they recommended I install the large air volume spacer and reduce the HSC as well as increase the HSR slightly to compensate and reduce any bucking.

Well this is what I did, as well as reduce the LSC. I am now back at the base tune settings!

HSC - 2
HSR - 2
LSC - 7
LSR - 10

Without changing the air pressure it rides much much better now with the spacer. Although it still bottoms out on the hard hits, you just cannot feel it bottom out. Also the back rides a little bit higher now on the smooth trail. It has the perfect amount of pop whether you want to suck up a tabletop or launch over a gap. Tree roots and rock gardens feel amazing; the rear wheel just sticks to the terrain.

I also dropped my fork 5psi to 120 now, which is 10 less than when I was running the Fox RP23. It very closely matches the rear shock in terms of feel.

Am very happy :)"

Gripo

Eats Squid
found this on the internets (200x57)...so essentially an Inline over the equivalent Fox CTD/RP23 will be about an extra 100g fully mounted...

markhood01

Likes Bikes
Bushings

There's a few conflicting statements in this thread about whether bushings from current Fox RP2 will fit the CCIL. The reason I ask is that I've just installed some offset bushings (love em) and want to keep using them.

Can anyone confirm/deny if that's possible? Pic of bushings for reference.

Thanks!

offset bushings.JPG

teK--

Eats Squid
There's a few conflicting statements in this thread about whether bushings from current Fox RP2 will fit the CCIL. The reason I ask is that I've just installed some offset bushings (love em) and want to keep using them.

Can anyone confirm/deny if that's possible? Pic of bushings for reference.

Thanks!

View attachment 299338
They will fit It's a standard eyelet and there are now flats around both so there is heaps of clearance.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Bike shop (Bicycle Superstore Albury) have been great, Advance Traders have been great, it's with Norco now. Hoping for a result early next week.

markhood01

Likes Bikes
They will fit It's a standard eyelet and there are now flats around both so there is heaps of clearance.
I emailed the offset bushing provider and they replied:

"The CCDB Inline uses slightly narrower spacers than a FOX / RS shock, so you'll need a replacement set of those. The actual bushing will still fit."

According to the CC Dimensions https://www.canecreek.com/resources/DBInline_Dimensions.pdf the inline is 12.7mm. Anyone know what a Fox/RS is? I'd check on my own bike but I'm on site for the next two weeks.

DBinline.JPG

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Cant you just machine them down a little?

If thats to hard, at least shove them nice a square into the side of a bench grinder?