Cannondale Australia - Stolen Bikes

and1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If they were going to be selling them locally then I doubt they would sell them right away, they would most likely hold them until more 2007 cannondale stock arrived and was on the market, then release it to avoid suspicion. Its either that or ship them over seas and sell them, possibly to a place where there is higher demand and more money to be made. The 2nd hand bike market in Australia isn't exactly thriving at the moment so moving over 120 high end cannondales isnt the easiest of jobs.

synrgy

Likes Dirt
I bet the are being shipped to some european country where the cops can be bribed and MTBing is popular. Eg. Bulgaria, pay the cops off if they catch you speeding!

Knight

Likes Dirt
That sucks! Hopefully those theives do something stupid and are caught but judging on how professional that was...and that it was the whole stock...Btw, was it just 1 truck??? Don't know about you but I think that it must have been a freakin massive one to hold that much.

Hope they get caught ASAP.

kodez23

Cannon Fodder
is this really true??

Surely such a huge heist would make mainstream media. I just Googled it and found bugger all (like nothing!). Someones idea of a joke perhaps??

Last edited:

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Surely such a huge heist would make mainstream media. I just Goggled it and found bugger all (like nothing!). Someones idea of a joke perhaps??
The story involves a bicycle so unless it includes a pedestrian being hit, the media couldn't give a toss about us.