Capital Punishment is GO

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Im in very happy. After 18 months of stalking the website its on. Bring on May it has to be my favourite month of the Dirt works 50, WSMTB club round then capital 100
ill deserve a beer after that

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Im in very happy. After 18 months of stalking the website its on. Bring on May it has to be my favourite month of the Dirt works 50, WSMTB club round then capital 100
ill deserve a beer after that
Better make it low carb. Don't want to over do it!

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm low carb or light tough decision. Ive always wanted to try the no alcohol beer that they sell at woolies

Greg882

Likes Bikes
carb loading done..!! haha

Really looking forward to the race..
1st time on ACT mtb trails should be awesome..!!

will get a sheeetload of ks in beetween now and then so i can enjoy it..!!

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Did it end up selling out or not?

I have two mates I'm trying con into coming down and riding with me

Rambler

Likes Dirt
Are all aware that you can no longer register on the event site on the day. Late rego is at the following on race day-

Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1 Binara St, Canberra 5:00am - 6:00am for both the 50km and 100km race.

jmcavoy

Likes Dirt
Rambler said:
Are all aware that you can no longer register on the event site on the day. Late rego is at the following on race day-

Crowne Plaza Hotel, 1 Binara St, Canberra 5:00am - 6:00am for both the 50km and 100km race.
I wasn't so thanks for the tip!

Now that is just bizarre, making us get up at 4am to deal with an extra hour in the car, then parking cars with bikes on them in the inner city while we go to a hotel to register, then turn around and drive back out to the start... What is that all about? Marketing I guess, they want all entrants to visit the major sponsor on the way... I'd pay $20 extra to not have to to that and have one less sponsor.

I guess they do this at the Fling (rego is in town), but that's got a whole event vibe thing there, the town is buzzing, far from a cold corporate 5 star hotel feel, especially at 5am.

I'm winging tho, I must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed ;)

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Now that is just bizarre, making us get up at 4am to deal with an extra hour in the car, then parking cars with bikes on them in the inner city while we go to a hotel to register, then turn around and drive back out to the start... What is that all about? Marketing I guess, they want all entrants to visit the major sponsor on the way... I'd pay $20 extra to not have to to that and have one less sponsor.

I guess they do this at the Fling (rego is in town), but that's got a whole event vibe thing there, the town is buzzing, far from a cold corporate 5 star hotel feel, especially at 5am.

you didn't read the late rego bit did you....

Rambler

Likes Dirt

I have had to dump this race for this reason. Wasn't prepared to drive a couple of hours, then drive all the way into Canberra, rego and back out again. It would of been a 2.30am start for me. Disappointed as I was looking forward to it. The organisers were great though. Full refund. No worries!

Knopey

Likes Dirt
The registration not being at the race start location is quite bizarre. Even for locals, it's a pain not being able to just to out there Saturday morning. Crowne Plaza Hotel in the heart of Civic - needless parking hassles, traffic, etc... do not want!

cog_nition

Likes Dirt
Having registration centrally located on the day before makes greater sense than camping Rego somewhere out on the Kings Highway. Agree that late rego makes more sense at the start, but this is probably a disencentive to decrease the late regos and and their (AROC) work load on the day.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
The registration not being at the race start location is quite bizarre. Even for locals, it's a pain not being able to just to out there Saturday morning. Crowne Plaza Hotel in the heart of Civic - needless parking hassles, traffic, etc... do not want!
This is pretty rich coming from a cyclist who apparently lives in Ainslie, less than 10 minutes ride from registration. :rolleyes:

Also, since when does Canberra have traffic (apart from 830-900 and 1700-1730 weekdays)?

You lot all realise you can rego anytime between 4 and 10PM Friday, right?

For mine, a 7AM start is a little early for both races, but I guess there could be slower riders taking almost 10 hours to do the 100km course and it'll be getting dark at 5PM.