Capital Punishment is GO

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
Happy days! Really looking forward to this one... Have got the 18th locked in...

I'm super interested to find out how we'll get from Bruce Ridge to Stromlo... maybe via Dairy Farmers Hill and Bluetts like in the Triple Triathlon... Bluetts will be an absolute PITA if it's used considering where it would occur during the race, ie. last third...

Regardless - I'm excited... ;)

RichJS

Likes Dirt
18th of March in the calendar.
You might want to put the 17th in the Calendar too. ;)

Pretty disappointing they've not got any Sparrow Hill in there .. there's plenty of singletrack not affected by logging - though I guess the trucks could be headed through the middle of the event.. I guess the 3hr a couple of weeks ago will be the last ever event to use Bobsled. :(

Last edited:

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Do you guys think the 50km option is do-able for a beginner?
Well, we don't know the course nor how much of a beginner you are. You have some bike handling skills? You have ridden some moderately technical singletrack before and not died? Reasonable fitness? You can ride your bike around town for a couple of hours including some hilly bits without drama?

If so, then you can probably do 50km around Canberra, including a bit of Majura and Stromlo. That's the Capital Punishment 50km.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
So.....
this 'new entry system' for tomorrow morning.....

Any more information yet?
Well, it's open, and I got a "Server Error in '/' Application.". So either it's buggered, or it's overly busy. Given how slow the page is loading I would guess busy.