Capital Punishment is GO

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Here's hoping they bring it back in a way that we don't miss out on an entry (dunno about you guys, but I took the morning off work to enter as I have no internet at work, and I get paid by the hour)
Keep trying, Jase - I just got mine through. Now I have to rego the better half, too.. hopefully done soon. :rolleyes:

RichJS

Likes Dirt
In the confirmation page, what number # did you all get? It's just above the "view eticket" and "view ereceipt" buttons. (Not the confirmation # in the email/eticket.)

I entered 100km (though might change to SS later.) I am # 0519. So, 519 people registered in 40 minutes, maybe?

Steve_N

Likes Dirt
In the confirmation page, what number # did you all get? It's just above the "view eticket" and "view ereceipt" buttons. (Not the confirmation # in the email/eticket.)

I am # 0519. So, 519 people registered in 40 minutes, maybe?
I'm 530... And finalised rego about 10 minutes ago...

I imagine though that the numbers set aside for the different events - 50 and 100 and groups within that event - maybe the 18-39's 100K started from 500...

Last edited:

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
No ... unless you're behind Australian Eastern Daylight Savings Time!
Yep your right. I just went back to the sight and it said registration is closed. Im hoping that its becuase they are fixing the server not becuase the race has sold out

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep your right. I just went back to the sight and it said registration is closed. Im hoping that its becuase they are fixing the server not becuase the race has sold out
Thats it im thinking before i type from now on. There will be an announcement at 11

oldbean

NSWMTB
I've been hitting refresh and re-send on my entry form but now I've got a new screen saying:

"Online registration for the Capital Punishment on 29 May 2010 has been closed.

Please consult the event web site for further information."

and a link back to the event web site.

Guess I'll wait a few hours until they get it up and running again.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
Yep your right. I just went back to the sight and it said registration is closed.
Urge to kill ... rising!

I've still got another entry to get in.

Im hoping that its becuase they are fixing the server not becuase the race has sold out
They closed the event earlier - at about 9:20 - and then re-opened it again a few minutes later. It might be their (presumably Eventdirector, not AROC) way of managing the load on the server. There's a chance they'll open it again soon.

Edit - AROC just updated the page to say they have not sold out.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Now the Aroc site says:
Entries have NOT sold out. The server has gone down - please check back here at 11am for the next announcement.
It's like they're reading this thread and answering Q's as they appear :) No need to worry yet Spudatm

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
Now the Aroc site says:
It's like they're reading this thread and answering Q's as they appear :) No need to worry yet Spudatm
Quick, lets get a big list of questions for them :D

1. Is the jersey going to have the 2010 date on it?
  2. What is the maximum number of entries?
  3. Who is your daddy and what does he do?

spudatm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was a litte worried and when i get tense i neither listen nor read hence the previous posts. Ive been waiting for this event for 18 months, I have one free period today{Im a teacher} and on class for the rest of the day I cant exactly whip out the visa in the middle of class so my question to Aroc is can you save me a spot?

Last edited:

grimzentide

Likes Dirt
I was a litte worried and when i get tense i neither listen nor read hence the previous posts. Ive been waiting for this event for 18 months, I have one free period today{Im a teacher} and on class for the rest of the day I cant exactly whip out the visa in the middle of class so my question to Aroc is can you save me a spot?
I don't like your chances, but you could always go home sick :D

Pizzaz

Likes Dirt
The thought occurred to me as I was entering (sorry for those waiting) that it would be easier to not bother entering and then pick up someones entry being sold at the last minute! With these events selling out my attitude has become 'quick, get an entry!' rather than considering whether I really want to _do_ the race.

For instance, May / June now has Dirtworks, Cap Punishment and Mawson non-stop... thats a lot of racing and I only have clearance for two of those...