Carolyn McKinlay R.I.P.

rgh

Cannon Fodder
It was with deep regret when I read this morning about the passing of Carolyn.
Mountain biking has lost a lovely person who took such an interest in the juniors.
Carolyn always had time to speak and take an interest in what you were doing.
Our Sincere condolences to the McKinlay Family

Richard, Kym & Laurie

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
I have to say it has been a number of years since I have raced at all, however the sticking image to me will always be carolyn rescuing any crash victims/squids/no hopers from certain doom and throwing a smile on their face and some courage in their hearts.

I certainly did not know you, I wasn't close at all but you have inspired me more than once.

RIP, we can only hope that if there is mtb in heaven, you are organising it.

mtbmamma

Likes Dirt
From the CORC side, you can expect an annual memorial race for Carolyn, plus negotiations have started with ACT Govt for a memorial garden and bench seats overlooking the DH course at Stromlo.
I am so pleased, she gave so much to everyone, it will be wonderful to see something given back to someone who cared as she did. :)

harveyp

Likes Dirt
To David and Family, we share in your grief and sadness with the tragic loss of Carolyn. May your sadness at this time be tempered with the knowledge that whilst Carolyn was with us she was a gracious lady who worked tirelessly for the MTB community to provide us with the best of whatever we desired. She will not be forgotten. Harvey & Ben Power

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's more than one tear in the eye as I write this.
Carolyn was a tireless supporter of our sport and a more giving, loving wife and mother you'll not meet. She had a beautiful smile, a laugh which was infectious and her generosity will echo for many years in both the Canberra and Australian MTB communities .

Dave and the boys, if you read this - know we're all thinking of you and hope you take some heart from knowing we all loved Carolyn dearly and will miss her terribly.

Carolyn McKinlay R I P

Prayers go out for all of those effected by the Santa Barbara fire.......Hope we hear from Carolyn soon Im going to e-mail her as well. If anyones heard from her, let me know.

tr

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
WTF?

Don't know how to put this sensitively but please re-read the thread. She won't get your emails and no one has heard from her lately and nor will they except in spirit when they're out enjoying a great ride.