CCDB inline air - Who services their own?

ausdb

Being who he is
Started splitting process. Decided 9pm was late enough for the neighbours with a loud as shit dremel tool at 22,000 rpm

That looks scary running a little slitting saw off a dremel flex shaft! Would cutting it with a hacksaw work or are you wanting the thin kerf?
I'm only asking as I'm getting a CCDB for a project and of course will try to service it myself.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks gents

Ultra Lord, CC wants a locked down ecosystem, forcing consumers to use authorised repair centres. CC charges a significant amount to be “authorised”. I’m with you, fuck that.

ausdb, that’s a mini abrasive disk on the end of the flex shaft. Safe and fairly harmless as long as I’m wearing a full face mask, the disks usually just shatter around the centre hole when they let go. Because this clamp is for 8mm, I want a nice even clean cut and want the cut to be as thin as possible to maximise clamping area.

teK--

Eats Squid
What a shitshow. Nice project but I’m never gonna run CC suspension if this is what you need to go through to service something.
The 3 CC shocks I've ever owned. Amazing shocks for the price but when it almost came due for a service I just sold the shock and bought a new one (full disclosure to buyer).

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
The 3 CC shocks I've ever owned. Amazing shocks for the price but when it almost came due for a service I just sold the shock and bought a new one (full disclosure to buyer).
Yeah, I’m putting that firmly in the too hard basket. It’s a bloody bicycle shock, things aren’t that complicated a home mechanic with tools and some patience can’t service.

teK--

Eats Squid
Yeah, I’m putting that firmly in the too hard basket. It’s a bloody bicycle shock, things aren’t that complicated a home mechanic with tools and some patience can’t service.
I get it that servicing the damper might be a pain without a vacuum bleed system etc, but they won't even allow us to buy parts and tools to do an air can service, which is really such an easy way to get a shock feeling close to new again without all the fuckaround of sending it to the shop.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
That looks scary running a little slitting saw off a dremel flex shaft! Would cutting it with a hacksaw work or are you wanting the thin kerf?
I'm only asking as I'm getting a CCDB for a project and of course will try to service it myself.
Tool you need for opening aircan and IFP bladder is here:

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Be careful with the 'free machining' alu alloys like 2011. It's 'free machining' because of the lead and bismuth. When machining it's not so bad as the chips are large, but grinding or sanding will produce a fine dust that you don't really want to come into contact with or have in your workshop. We don't use any of the stuff for this reason. 6061-T6 machines almost as good and contains nothing as nasty.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Be careful with the 'free machining' alu alloys like 2011. It's 'free machining' because of the lead and bismuth. When machining it's not so bad as the chips are large, but grinding or sanding will produce a fine dust that you don't really want to come into contact with or have in your workshop. We don't use any of the stuff for this reason. 6061-T6 machines almost as good and contains nothing as nasty.
Thanks summit. You mentioned this a year or two ago, which made me look into it further. I wear a full face 3M 6800 series mask when in the workshop all the time and in my ongoing health battles I’ve been doing FULL ( more then 80 unique blood pathology tests every 6 months), and despite 20 years plus of working with tin/lead solder, multiple labs put my blood lead levels at undetectable levels. Will see if I can add Bismuth to the next round to be sure.

Once I exhaust my collection of 2011 I’ll move to 6061.