Round 5 26th July
Round 6 30th August
Round 7 27th Sept
Round 8 25th Oct Double Points

Last edited:

Tye

Likes Dirt
Hi wayne,
Will there be new forms for club and mtba rego? Or can use the forms that are on the site now?

nitrous to burn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Do we just rock up and pay our fee then race, or do we need to do it online. Also if i get a club membership does that cover all of MTBA aswell?
Cheers, Tom.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Do we just rock up and pay our fee then race, or do we need to do it online. Also if i get a club membership does that cover all of MTBA aswell?
Cheers, Tom.
Tom,
Rock on up at ist xc day sun 15th feb or dh 22nd feb - you have pay club membership($20??) fee plus mtba license (90/95??) -can all be done at the day and the club will send your fees away.

Manik man -we are going to have a special division for pansies with new trek bikes who dont want to get their bikes dirty:D

Wayno

I've got Gravity on my side
The Only changes will be Elite, Expert and Sport going to A, B and C grade plus hardatail will be going A & B All others will stay the same.
I am looking at hiring 1 or 2 buses this year for the races so no more private transport race entry will go up $20 and be much safer with no cars on the road. how does everyone feel about that? I like it.

PLUCAS

Likes Dirt
The Only changes will be Elite, Expert and Sport going to A, B and C grade plus hardatail will be going A & B All others will stay the same.
I am looking at hiring 1 or 2 buses this year for the races so no more private transport race entry will go up $20 and be much safer with no cars on the road. how does everyone feel about that? I like it.
you asked for it, my two bobs

Sounds like a bargain $20.00 with transport, nearly too cheap.

The only problem that I can foresee is increased entries if you offer a shuttle service.

This could possibly overextend the workload of club officials.

I think an entre fee of $30.00 or $40.00 for shuttle users and then $10.00 if you have your own but that would negate the extra saftey of removing private shuttles. Is it legally possible to control private shuttles?

you know what I mean all those extra freeloading non local cats coming up to race on the coast because they can't be stuffed getting their own track organised. (don't freek people, this is sarcasm, I am not a local)

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Good idea.

The only problem that I can foresee is increased entries if you offer a shuttle service.
Agreed

Is it legally possible to control private shuttles?
You probably can't stop people driving up the road, but the race director/commasaire can control who rides on the track and if one of the race rules is no private shuttles anyone doing so could be DQed.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
y
I think an entre fee of $30.00 or $40.00 for shuttle users and then $10.00 if you have your own
It's actually against MTBA regulations and therefore insurance would get murky.

The regs say once the club provides shuttles no private shuttles are to be allowed.

PLUCAS

Likes Dirt
It's actually against MTBA regulations and therefore insurance would get murky.

The regs say once the club provides shuttles no private shuttles are to be allowed.
Understood and my queries re policing of said private shuttles has been addressed by the Alchemist.

I still think $30.00 is a fair price Wayno. we are not the Salvo's or we could maybe have a non compulsory $5 or $10 donation to be put in a fund for a new track building kitty.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Understood and my queries re policing of said private shuttles has been addressed by the Alchemist.
MTBA fined a few rider $150 at a recent Nationals race for doing a self shuttle.

A couple of thise fines handed out should sort it:D

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
race entry will go up $20 and be much safer with no cars on the road. how does everyone feel about that? I like it.
Im liking it as well.......Once I get my license i want to get more involved with CCOMTB...Just have to balance HSC and 3 unit maths :mad::(:mad:

also having shuttle buses would be VERY much appreciated......I didnt exactly buy the best shuttle beast around (Honda civic....hey, the price and condition was right)

Last edited:

Bacca

Likes Dirt
Very keen on the shuttle bus idea. I think it would be great for me and my transport situation and hope the numbers turn up. I just hope I have the bike running by next weekend...

the shuttle bus would be great

just woundering if any1 is going up for a few runs before the 22nd, (rnd 1) that would go past kincumber and have a spair spot for one more bike,
even on race day i dont no if i can make it so if someone can give me a lift up there and back i will pay you and it would be very much appreciated.
cheers

smitty_jr

Likes Dirt
after all this chat about shuttle buses,
i would just like to know if the first round (22nd feb) is private or public shuttles, so dad & I know if we should bring the trailer up.
(i personally am not a fan of the public shuttles, as it will result in higher entry costs, more time spent waiting in lines for the buses,the total destruction of your bike's paint from bikes clashing, and loading/unloading from buses takes a whole lot longer than private imo)
also i'm loving the idea of A & B grade hardtail :)
any info on the private and/or public shuttles would be appreciated.
cheers.

Last edited:

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Wayno. Can you confirm if there will be shuttle buses for the clubby this weekend?

Last edited:
new

hi im new to ourimbah and i was just wanting to ask some questions about the dh
1.where is the sigh on at is it down the bottom or were
2.who do i have to see about signing up for the year
3.what time dose it start
4.is there a practice lap or anything and wat time if there is and
5.wat class would i be in. im turning 13 this year im on a hardtail.
and i have to now before the frist ride this sunday thankss