CCOMTB DH & GE social ride day April 26th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfinlay

Likes Bikes
CCOMTB is having a DH & GE social ride day on Sunday the 26th April

Rego on the day starts at 8am and closed by 10.30am, shuttles from 9am.
Entry is $30 including shuttles, plus $20 for a day licence if you require one. If you have a MTBA licence, please remember to bring it with you - we won't take your word for it that you have one! Full face helmets are compulsory, and body armour and eye protection are strongly recommended.

haltz

Likes Dirt
Why was it locked?

And howcome full face helmets are compulsory on a social day but not a 'ge' race day? Fair call, just wondering

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It was locked because CCOMTB has it's own section and there is also the Watering Hole for organising rides.

However I was asked to re-open and provided with a pretty good case for leaving it here and I guess as long as this place doesn't get clogged with people taking advantage of the space (basically cats making $$$ with commercial ventures) then we can see how things float.

DJR

Likes Dirt
Why was it locked?

And howcome full face helmets are compulsory on a social day but not a 'ge' race day? Fair call, just wondering
From what I hear, at GE events full face helmets will become compulsory in 2016. For the moment open faces are OK, but the mtba guidelines are pushing that GE events in 2015 get riders to start using full faces.

I think it's good. I'd rather ride with a ff anyway , esp somewhere like ourimbah.

Anyway, Sunday should be fun, I should be there

DJR

Likes Dirt
According to the Facebook page, this has been cancelled due to trees down on the track.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Well let's hope that after I was petitioned to re-open this thread for them they update it promptly rather than abuse our good nature only to misinform....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Forgive me for not giving a shit what you think. :thumb:

And given that the ride was cancelled and this thread wasn't updated after it was asked to be moved from the club page, we'll be going back to the club page in the future.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.