CCOMTB Downhill Club Championships Ourimbah Sunday 14 November. Results on page 6.

fairy1

Banned
A bit...are you blind! Thats Oxford dictionary's definition of sandbagging:D
Using Tommy Cohen as an example he started the year with a 4.22 as his best of two runs, by round six he had his time down to 3.38 and won that round. He also nabbed second in C grade for the champs, getting faster througout the year is called "progressing" some people do it some people bitch about others that do it, each to their own.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Progression, aye. Well progress on up. Forms of motorsport will adjust peoples grades constantly throughout the year to stop unfair competition.

needaride

Likes Dirt
Consider that it could have been the dudes first race and he had no idea how he would go in a race? Ourimbah races are fairly big with alot of new comers..

danosdirect

Likes Dirt
Using Tommy Cohen as an example he started the year with a 4.22 as his best of two runs, by round six he had his time down to 3.38 and won that round. He also nabbed second in C grade for the champs, getting faster througout the year is called "progressing" some people do it some people bitch about others that do it, each to their own.
Ah the age old sandbagging debate. I'd be interested in hearing what the general consensus on this issue is.

T-Rex

Template denier
Looks like a bit of sandbagging going on in C grade.:p:)
I don't know what the definition of "sandbagging" is, what I do know is that there were a lot of first time adult racers registering for the race last weekend, who had no idea of how fast they would go, and had never done a timed run at Ourimbah. Put yourself in a newbie's shoes, what would you chose to do?

Consider that it could have been the dudes first race and he had no idea how he would go in a race? Ourimbah races are fairly big with alot of new comers..
Yep.

On a formal note, the CCOMTB committee does not have a policy on forcing people to race in a particular grade, and MTBA does not have either a policy or a rule, other than aged based categories. Juniors and Masters routinely race "up a grade" (Or is that "down a grade for Masters?) to get more competition. Basically, we don't see that allowing seniors a choice of which grade they race is a problem.

wengji

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Guys,

Who ever put up the signs in the bottom carpark they have been removed, I was up there on Wednesday morning and again today and during that time some has removed them and some people are parking down the bottom again.

Just thought I would let you know

T-Rex

Template denier
Guys,

Who ever put up the signs in the bottom carpark they have been removed, I was up there on Wednesday morning and again today and during that time some has removed them and some people are parking down the bottom again.

Just thought I would let you know
Thanks for letting us know Wengji.