Chain reaction cycles

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Furry muff, but how shit is your bike shop? Shirley those things are staples.
Staples, seems to becoming more of a rarity... tried getting a left hand brake lever, just a normal V-brake one, nothing fancy. 4 stores = none.

Have tried to order a front 180mm brake mount, even with the Shimano product number: 2 stores were confused as to what it even was, 4days later CRC had it in my hand. The one store that went out of the way to look up the code, $50 for the mount. pass.

Thus why my shed now has pretty much anything I need, park wheel truing machine etc. a bearing press tool would be nice, and a BB reaming + disc facing tool.

funkymonkey

Likes Dirt
Just curious...

Has everyone who has a CRC account been getting shafted with TNT?

I went back through my last few orders, and all that i was signed in for were sent with TNT, all those not signed in for went with DHL (all with free post option)

Just placed an order yesterday while signed out - and got a dispatch notice this morning for DHL...

Maybe looking after new customers more than established ones?

Or maybe im just looking into it too much...

Last edited:

Joel_32

Likes Dirt
My order finally arrived yesterday, ordered 25/10/13, dispatched 26/10/13 via TNT, arrived 18/11/13 = total 25days (16 business days) for something their website says should take 4-8 business days.
And yes, I ordered whilst logged in to my CRC account, not sure if they would've offered DHL had I been purchasing as a 'guest'.

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
The only time I've had real problems with crc delivery was when I paid for express delivery. Otherwise I find their stuff arrives in 4 to 10 days. Wiggle is definitely faster. Bike 24 is slow and bike-components not bad but both can be a lot cheaper esp for running gear, is chains etc, not singlets

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

WhyMe

Squid
I did an order last Thursday and had it yesterday (Monday). Very impressed and they were cheaper than Wiggle which hasn't happened for a while on what I've been after.

smr

Likes Bikes
Just curious...

I went back through my last few orders, and all that i was signed in for were sent with TNT, all those not signed in for went with DHL (all with free post option)

Just did the same yesterday - and got a dispatch notice this morning for DHL...

Yes, me.
17 days now and still not here !

Vedsy

Likes Dirt
Yes, me.
17 days now and still not here !
Same. Will be 4 weeks on thursday. I'm prepared to wait a while to save some cash but that's taking the piss. Last two orders have taken 3 weeks too, I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.

mattwilkinson

Likes Dirt
Staples, seems to becoming more of a rarity... tried getting a left hand brake lever, just a normal V-brake one, nothing fancy. 4 stores = none.

Have tried to order a front 180mm brake mount, even with the Shimano product number: 2 stores were confused as to what it even was, 4days later CRC had it in my hand. The one store that went out of the way to look up the code, $50 for the mount. pass.

Thus why my shed now has pretty much anything I need, park wheel truing machine etc. a bearing press tool would be nice, and a BB reaming + disc facing tool.

Thats bendigo for ya...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
a bearing press tool would be nice, and a BB reaming + disc facing tool.
Bearing press and BB reamer are basic to fabricate. Threaded rod, some big ass washers and a couple of nuts. I just cut some groves, 80° to the thread of an old external bb cup, bit of grease and works a treat. I just face with a panel file. Made a headset remover out of an old seat post too.

I feel ya about the brake adapters, tried to find one but no dice, a fair few "mechanics" couldn't even get their heads around the concept. Mountain bikes direct were a win for me, two day turn around, and they're Australian (well Queenslanders, but close enough).

nonch

Likes Bikes
Just curious...

Just placed an order yesterday while signed out - and got a dispatch notice this morning for DHL...

Ordered yesterday arvo without signing in, order was shipped early this morning through DHL Express Worldwide. Will update once it arrives.

CRC order with Free TNT Delivery still not arrived

I have been a fairly regular at online ordering and use CRC 80% of the time.

One of my orders from CRC disappeared last month never to be heard of.

Interesting that TNT was the company that was to deliver it. All my other orders in the past have been Royal Mail or tracked DHL.

DHL is the way for me from now on, it costs me $25-$35 each time but its like insurance you just never know when you'll need it.

Does anyone know when they started using TNT? Is it just TNT that has this problem?

Last edited:

stinky1138

Likes Dirt
Didn't they start using TNT right around the website shift ? TNT is terrible, they pretty much say they can lose/break/damage your stuff and it's not their problem.
Been using CRC for i guess 4ish years now, the shipping does suck recently.
Ordered last AUFriday, shit still hasn't left the UK via Parcel Force. It wasn't urgent, but last time we got PF it had arrived faster than this order has even left the country.

FWIW, we had a DHL delivery arrive 1 day ahead of a TNT parcel (same order), and both were slower than our super fast PF delivery a couple weeks ago. The illogical patterns of CRC deliveries makes baby Spock cry.

Capt.Gumby

Likes Dirt
Definitely gone to crap since TNT started delivering. Using CRC regularly for the past 3 years and the last few months in particular have been really ordinary. Still waiting on an order placed 3 weeks ago.

riddy

Squid
Received my latest order just 15 minutes ago. 11 days - ordered 10 November - about average, but I have always found CRC to be a lot slower than Wiggle, for example.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Was that via TNT, ParcelForce, or DHL riddy?

My first order came via DHL... took 4 days.
My second order was shipped on Monday via TNT standard... I don't really like the idea of potentially having to wait up to three weeks or more. :/

Maybe next time I'll just pay for DHL, unless there's a foolproof method of always getting DHL for free, haha.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For reference purposes, I ordered on the 1/11, it shipped on 1/11, received yesterday.

Not good enough for me, I did use free postage option, but it is still well outside of THEIR timeframe.

Thinking I will write a feedback email and point them to this thread. The postage speed has dropped significantly, but wiggle is still as quick as ever.

TNT is shite.

ChopSticks

Banned
Item: 2 brake-sets

Ordered: 12/11 (Tuesday, 11:30pm)
Dispatched: 13/11 (Wednesday, 6pm)
Arrived: 20/11 (Wednesday, 8am)

Total: 10 days

delivered as per tracking no provided

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
3 weeks and still waiting

For reference purposes, I ordered on the 1/11, it shipped on 1/11, received yesterday.

Not good enough for me, I did use free postage option, but it is still well outside of THEIR timeframe.

Thinking I will write a feedback email and point them to this thread. The postage speed has dropped significantly, but wiggle is still as quick as ever.

TNT is shite.
I ordered 3 small items on 1/11, it shipped on 2/11 and I am still waiting. I just checked and it is TNT doing the shipping.

I actually contacted CRC 2 days ago to say WTF and have not had a response at all. Definitely feeling like Wiggle will be my preference from now on and I'll just get them to price match if I have to.

jackass'd

Likes Dirt
Hmmmm I wanna get a few things that only CRC sells (Wiggle/merlin don't stock these brands) but f**ked if I am waiting a few weeks!

Everything from wiggle gets to me in 2-3 business days!

God I am impatient lol