Chain reaction cycles

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
They should update their delivery information to reflect slower deliver times then. Iris massively frustrating to be waiting twice as long as indicated
.??

Remember that reviews always attract the negative first, because happy customers have nothing to say. Even so, the large majority of posts on this thread indicate the normal timing, although possibly slower than wiggle .

It's a funny conversation though, given how long things used to take not that many years ago - ie when Royal Mail was by sea for anything other than a letter.

AzonicNick

Likes Dirt
Just placed a order for a few bits and pieces (all in stock) and went for the DHL option (around $20) so hopefully won't be far away :suspicion:

MudRhino

Likes Dirt
My order for 15 October 2013 never showed up....

On 11 November they sent out a replacement... still nothing.
YAY!!! it finally showed up yesterday - was in the PO BOX :)

Wow, only 6 weeks to get a spanner! Better than royal mail... just.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ya got me all worried, ive been getting DHL shipping for free usually.... just normal free shipping is arriving in 4-5 days to Adelaide, read this thread a month ago and thought maybe it was my "remote" location in rAdelaide was getting DHL without paying for it.... bollox to that theory, i lost the coin toss this time.

The first time i'm actually looking for something QUICK, fekkin TNT !!! I hope its not drawn out.

Beej1

Ordered last Tuesday. $228 worth - minus 10% thanks to special. Free shipping. Arrived today via DHL then AusPost. 6 days is on par with previous CRC orders for me. I think only once I waited a week and a half.

Roh1

Squid
New frame ordered on the 14th. Shipped via Parcel force. Frame arrived on my doorstep on the 25th. No complaints here!

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
Ordered stuff last week, arrived today. Only time I've ever had problems is when I paid for the upgraded shipping

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

riderseventy7

Likes Dirt
Ordered a set of Dorados last Tuesday night and they arrived sometime this morning (Tuesday). 6.5 days to my door including a weekend using free postage via Parcelforce.

Longest I have ever had to wait on a CRC order was 2 weeks, they average around 5 or 6 working days. That is pretty impressive considering my orders usually involve a lot of individual items that need to be picked and packed.

Roh1

Squid
Placed an order with CRC for a set of new forks and a headset. What I cant understand is not only did they send them as 2 seperate packages, they sent them with 2 different carriers!
The forks went parcelforce , which arrived today, five day delivery,no worries. The headset went TNT . Needless to say the headset is yet to arrive. GO TO HELL CRC....YOU HEAR ME...YOU GO TO HELL. ! I feel much better now that I have vented.

Last edited:

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Placed an order with CRC for a set of new forks and a headset. What I cant understand is not only did they send them as 2 seperate packages, they sent them with 2 different carriers!
The forks went parcelforce , which arrived today, five day delivery,no worries. The headset went TNT . Needless to say the headset is yet to arrive. GO TO HELL CRC....YOU HEAR ME...YOU GO TO HELL. ! I feel much better now that I have vented.
At a guess, CRC probably chose to send the items separately due to the size of the Items. Some carries offer better deals for certain sized items. That or CRC was waiting for the headset from the manufacturer. Big deal, want better service.. buy local.

Roh1

Squid
At a guess, CRC probably chose to send the items separately due to the size of the Items. Some carries offer better deals for certain sized items. That or CRC was waiting for the headset from the manufacturer. Big deal, want better service.. buy local.
Thanks for the reply. Both items were shipped the same day. There was more than enough room to throw the smaller package in the larger box. It would have saved the extra postage for CRC and I wouldnt be waiting around for the other package to turn up. And I buy plenty from my LBS Thanks.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Better service.from buying local? LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! LOL! I will spare you all my LBS hate and stories of justification.

I had a few CRC delivery delays a few months ago and upon discussing it with them they told me all their free/cheap deliveries come through Royal Mail. So i called up Windsor Castle and it turns out Prince Harry runs Royal Mail. So thats why its a bit slow. If you want tracking etc you can pay for delivery and pick from a list of couriers. If you want fast delivey pay the big bucks shop at Jenson. They once sent me an item faster than the LBS could find it in the catalogue. But generally i am happy to wait 5-10 working days for an order to arrive. It is pretty rare to get quality gear domestically in that time anyway, and even rarer to get it at a competative price.

If only CRC went the same way as T7 and offered a local returns service.

nonch

Likes Bikes
Ordered yesterday arvo without signing in, order was shipped early this morning through DHL Express Worldwide. Will update once it arrives.
Ordered on the 20th, arrived on the 26th - chain ring, chain, cassette, pedals and tool kit all together in the one package. Very happy with the price and service.

Alo661

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the reply. Both items were shipped the same day. There was more than enough room to throw the smaller package in the larger box. It would have saved the extra postage for CRC and I wouldnt be waiting around for the other package to turn up. And I buy plenty from my LBS Thanks.
Reason why they wouldn't package them together is because forks already come in a box. They wouldn't open the box either, unless you emailed them and said you give them permission to open it and put the headset inside with it. It's just covering their ass, if a customer receives something labeled as "brand new", you don't want to find a box that's been ripped open. Yes, you specifically may not mind, but they do this to cover against a minority of people who would kick up a stink over it.

brisneyland

Likes Dirt
Someone generally needs to break them in though, in my opinion.

The first use of a box is just difficult and messy, and frankly not all that much fun.

(CRC have agreed to send my order out again - including all the XTR parts. I wonder how much money they're losing because of their crappy postal services?)

simonhaha

Likes Dirt
had an order with helmet and some brakes,

dispatched on 21st still waiting on it. Hopefully it comes before Friday (tomorrow before trip to Mt Buller) via TNT!!!!