Chain reaction cycles

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Seriously, why would you complain about a few water marks on some packaging if all your items arrived in perfect condition. The shit retailers have to put up with!
I gotta agree with this, but well done getting a voucher out of it. I've had some horror stories with damaged packages and never seen nix for my complaints.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I gotta agree with this, but well done getting a voucher out of it. I've had some horror stories with damaged packages and never seen nix for my complaints.
Maybe because people aren't selective about what they complain about leaving companies with thousands if emails to get through. Believe me, I am not usually on the retailers side but with stories like this it makes you feel for the retailers a little. Also makes it harder for those with real issues that need to get sorted.

Winno

Likes Dirt
In the last few weeks I placed two orders with CRC totalling just under AU$2k.

Had zero issues and shipping was about 9 days.
I've had no issues with orders of parts for previous builds either.

Will keep using them without concern at this rate.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My package just cleared customs in Brisbane 20mins ago. Now a road trip up North.

Picked up in Belfast @9am on Thur 12th (their time).
Cleared customs Brisbane @9am Sun 15th (our time).

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Ordered a Hope/Crest wheelset & other parts (tyres, random components) on 3rd December:

* Other parts left CRC on the 4th December & arrived yesterday 11th December (Sydney), shipped with DHL Express.
* Wheels left CRC on 6th December & have yet to arrive, shipped with Parcelforce.

Annoying, as CRC said all parts were in stock. It's obvious this was a lie.
Wheels arrived on Friday 13th December, chuffed I am.

Not opening the boxes until Christmas :)

s.dogg

Likes Dirt
Without trying to be a smartass - it's a legitimate question, and hopefully mods can explain - why do we have a zero name and shame policy for some businesses, yet we are openly able to put shit on CRC in this topic, even though the banner above me right now is advertising CRC.
I'm also interested in the answer to this.

doosh

Likes Bikes
I ordered some tyres and a few other bits and pieces to get me into the free shipping zone. Took about 7 working days from order to arrival. Wire bead tyres too so the box is huge.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Fatherpaul

Likes Bikes
their new website is Shit
Id like the second this. Their new website seems to be way too slow when cruising on my ipad. I am sure an IT guru can explain why. Have never encountered this before on any online website and thats coming from an online bike part junkie.

oriion

Likes Dirt
Ordered some clothing last night, shipped via royal mail. Be surprised to see it before Xmas, but i already figured this be case.
I was wrong, turned up on friday. It's hit and miss i guess. Some people get great service, some get shit.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
I was given a CRC voucher today for Christmas. Problem is, that the voucher hasn't arrived yet. The person bought the voucher a week ago and received an email two days ago saying that the voucher had been dispatched via email.....still hasn't arrived yet! WTF?????

Why send an email saying a voucher has been dispatched via email. Just email the voucher in the first place.

I think CRC may have just lost the plot.

waldog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was given a CRC voucher today for Christmas. Problem is, that the voucher hasn't arrived yet. The person bought the voucher a week ago and received an email two days ago saying that the voucher had been dispatched via email.....still hasn't arrived yet! WTF?????

Why send an email saying a voucher has been dispatched via email. Just email the voucher in the first place.

I think CRC may have just lost the plot.
Hmmmm, all seems a bit weird.

I got given some CRC vouchers as a leaving work present a few months ago. They were just printed out email trails with a few codes on them.

May be worth checking if your friend/family/significant other didn't get some codes in their confirmation email. From memory the information wasn't very obvious, but was there.

Hopefully that is the case, otherwise it feels like CRC are making more work for themselves by physically shipping vouchers.

Fingers crossed for you.

Grant.

booerns

Likes Dirt
So I placed an expensive order for a new wheelset and a bunch of spacers last night and due to previous difficulties with CRC I paid full price for express tracked shipping. Receiving my dispatched order today it says that my order has been dispatched in two separate parcels, which I think is understandable due to the bulk of a wheelset. The spacers are listed as "DHL Express Worldwide" and the tracking number provided shows that it's already through Heathrow airport and on its way here, however the wheelset has been shipped with "DLH Intl" - but the tracking number that is provided doesn't work on the DHL Express website and is a substantially longer code.

Anyone have any ideas?

Gripo

Eats Squid
Placed a small CRC order (bars/seatpost/chain/derailleur/Tubeless Sealant/Chain Links) Xmas eve 1900hrs Aus EST via DHL (probably cost less than AusPost would charge for east cost BNE>MEL Xpress)....

Anyway it was packed/shipped within 4hrs from CRC with an email with DHL tracking #......it left Heathrow at 5pm this arvo Aus EST......amazing!!!

Wil have it before NYE.

moorey

call me Mia
Anyway it was packed/shipped within 4hrs from CRC with an email with DHL tracking #......it left Heathrow at 5pm this arvo Aus EST......amazing!!!

Wil have it before NYE.
It's never been the uk end that was the problem, IMHO. Take a deep breath if you're planning to hold it....

newish

Squid
Orded Nukeproof Snap dec 18, received dec 24. Standard delivery

Orded some tools, pedals and seat post dec 22. Used DHL express, is in sydney. Hoping it is here tomorrow.

Pretty happy with delivery times to Sydney.

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Voucher bought for me on the 23rd of Dec still hasn't been received. Two emails conforming voucher was purchased and neither had a voucher or voucher code attached. Email to CRC on 28th Dec to find out what's going on and get a generic "your enquiry has been received email" to confirm they have received my enquiry. I have still had no contact from CRC.

Will def be my last CRC purchase. Will request Wiggle voucher next time as their site and service has been far superior in the past.

Last edited:

Jimmy_Bend

Likes Bikes
I've read recently royal post (uk postal service) has been recently sold, I'd say there's some teething issues/new management settling in

vtwiz

Likes Dirt
Voucher bought for me on the 23rd of Dec still hasn't been received. Two emails conforming voucher was purchased and neither had a voucher or voucher code attached. Email to CRC on 28th Dec to find out what's going on and get a generic "your enquiry has been received email" to confirm they have received my enquiry. I have still had no contact from CRC.

Will def be my last CRC purchase. Will request Wiggle voucher next time as their site and service has been far superior in the past.
Got my Christmas voucher today......just over 2 weeks since it was ordered!

Seems like email is the new snail mail.