Chain reaction cycles

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, it works fine on some bikes. Probably my preferred option if I can get away with it. But with the Ripmo unless you want the chainring sitting slightly inside the chainstay it's not a good idea. It has a particularly pronounced outwards curve on the chainstay. I am selling the bike his friend's buying, and have unsuccessfully tried a non-boost crankset. ;)
Copy that! Bit of a shame really. I'm guessing cranks like the Race Face spline interface ones would still work as the only difference with those is the chainrings themselves.
Is it just me or are the local online retailers knocking it out of the park at the moment?

I’d hate to add up all the purchases from CRC (and the other Europeans) over the years but more recently have had less positive experiences with CRC.

Pushys and MTB Direct go damn close on price, have been brilliant to communicate with (with actual knowledgeable humans instead of generic messages) and damn quick shipping (MTB Direct in particular).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell yeah. Have been pricing some bits and pieces up lately and unless you've got a ton of stuff to order to make up for the expensive shipping from Germany, Pushys and MTBdirect are the definite go. Not to mention super quick shipping

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Yeah, it works fine on some bikes. Probably my preferred option if I can get away with it. But with the Ripmo unless you want the chainring sitting slightly inside the chainstay it's not a good idea. It has a particularly pronounced outwards curve on the chainstay. I am selling the bike his friend's buying, and have unsuccessfully tried a non-boost crankset. ;)
It's all part of the build process. I may end up using his non-boost XTs on my Ripley & I'll fund his boost ones.

One thing for sure - I'm going to document crank fitment on the Ripmo in its own thread so others can learn. Fcuked if I can find anything on this...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shouldn't be too hard to rehouse those cranks for a fair price.

You guys are all doing crc wrong. Please note my recent and swift service experience.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just jumped on livechat, and they are sending me another bottom cup without me needing to send the wrong one back. Pretty decent, since its probably an error at Hope's end.

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also jumped on live chat. They assure me the problems are resolved and should be with auspost and status updates within 24-48hrs.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
My replacement part sent last night is already moved off pending - those 23/24th orders are really screwed...

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My shipping status has finally changed to ‘started’. Apparently that means that auspost has received it, but not scanned it in yet.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
My status has changed twice this morning, 'arrived in country' and then 'cleared customs'.

Oddly these events are still dated last Thursday, so not sure what is going on.

EDIT: two hours on and I get a text saying it's arriving tomorrow.

Last edited:

MRO

Likes Dirt
CRC just confirmed my 3 week late order is now lost. I asked them to send a replacement express courier and they have agreed. Other order is still on the way apparently

teK--

Eats Squid
CRC just confirmed my 3 week late order is now lost. I asked them to send a replacement express courier and they have agreed. Other order is still on the way apparently
The lost one might turn up months later like mine did. They agreed for me to keep what I wanted (at my cost) and they paid for me to send the rest back.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
And my stuff is here; 31 August Order, dispatched 3 Sep.

So just over a week; not too bad, so obviously bad luck for those in that particular batch.

Last edited: