cheap and good wheel bearings source in lockdown

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Canberra Bearing Supplies in Fyshwick should get you sorted. 6902-2RS is a common size and they will typically have something from NSK or SKF (sometimes FAG). Expect to pay around $30 a bearing. Quality will most likely be higher than Enduro.
From memory i paid $11 per bearing for NSK 6902-2rs. SKF were marginally more, but they had none in stock and i cbf waiting. I did make the mistake of using cheapass chinese bearings in a wheel once and they lasted about 3 weeks before getting notchy, they were $8/each. Dont let the retard working at the bearing shop tell you "they're exactly the same"

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
$120 for the tool form mtbd. you know you can't trust anyone else
I was just going to spend $28 on one from eBay... Should get the 240 star ratchet type tool for the roadie, although its bearings are still fine.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Are bearing shops a good option for most frame bearings too? I've been looking at enduro sets for my old Giant, not sure if there's anything particularly special in there.
I got all the bearings I needed for an old Reign X frame from the bearing shop. Total cost = $50. Bike shop quoted me $340 for Giant kit which included bolt hardware.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I got all the bearings I needed for an old Reign X frame from the bearing shop. Total cost = $50. Bike shop quoted me $340 for Giant kit which included bolt hardware.
you really want full compliment bearings for linkages though, tiny amounts of rotation, lots of dynamic loads.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
you really want full compliment bearings for linkages though, tiny amounts of rotation, lots of dynamic loads.
I'll see how these ones go for now. For what is essentially a consumable part, I was happy to pay 15% of the asking price on an old 26er.