Chinarello Build (fake Pinarello Build) Completely Finished!

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would love to know how much seat to bar drop you have.
From your pics it looks like about a foot which is fine if you are a European pro but for most of us mere mortals is about 6 - 8 inches too much.

You need to go and talk to someone who knows a bit about fitting as obviously your bike shop either does not know or does not care. It was me who said it last time a 54cm is for someone about 4" shorter than you and I.

I really do like your bike but I am going to be blunt. Your bike is the wrong size.
Even on my 59cm I am running about 6cm of drop.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think its a fine size, it all comes down to the feel of the bike you wish I suppose.

Smaller Frames w/Longer Stems - More sprint/crit/short distance bike
Larger Frames w/Shorter Stems - Long distance/open road/climber bike

Generally most people can get away with bike sizes too small or too big, by compensating with different set back seat posts & longer/shorter stems.

Here is a photograph of my Addict (when I had it, a few months back), You'll note the height of the saddle, in comparison with the top tube. FYI I actually had to swap the stem out for a shorter length, because the stock one was too long. (I was on a 56cm, I'm 6'1'')

And yes, I had it 'properly' fitted, at a reputable chain of bike stores located in Elizabeth St, Brunswick St, Russell St QV & Greensborough - I think melbourneins will know where I mean.

Attachments

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
That said, the extra frame material would make the bike too heavy.. And well, we all know weight is everything.

:rolleyes:

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
178 cm on a 54 here. I'm in agreeance. Even just a 56 would be loads better.
But then again he says he is 6'1" - 6'2" (so say 185 - 188cm) which is 7 - 10cm taller than you.
I am the same height as him and cannot imagine trying to fit on a 54cm.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
But then again he says he is 6'1" - 6'2" (so say 185 - 188cm) which is 7 - 10cm taller than you.
I am the same height as him and cannot imagine trying to fit on a 54cm.
Sorry wasnt saying a 56 would be better for me, I meant 56 or even 58 would be better for him. I would never go bigger than 54, I'm running a 90mm stem as it is.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sorry wasnt saying a 56 would be better for me, I meant 56 or even 58 would be better for him. I would never go bigger than 54, I'm running a 90mm stem as it is.

Sorry Leitch
Lost in translation.
I was insinuating that a 56cm is still too small for him at 6'1" - 6'2" tall.
56 would definitely be better but I cannot see how he would properly fit that either at his height.
Then again perhaps he has some really strange morphology.
I would love to see a pic of him on it.

C Dunlop

Likes Dirt
it depends. pinarellos are non-sloping frames, so if the geometry is the same as an actual pinarello, then a 54-54 frame would require a 6'1"-6'2" rider to have very long legs and a very short torso and arms.

ideal top tube length is related to torso length, just as ideal saddle height is relative to inseam.

it is a fallacy that shorter frames with longer stems make a bike more of a 'crit bike'. pro riders tend to ride small frames for their height becuase they tend to have ridiculously long femurs - this is a biomechanical advantage. they also lean towards long stems and smaller frames because it gives them a shorter headtube. this is necessary because production frames are basically built for girls, ie the consumer, ie fat, middle aged bike riders who can't touch their toes and have the core strength of a butterfly. they also tend to run stupid amounts of setback becuase of their core strength and femur length.

that said, all things being equal, a rider who fits correctly on a 54/54 frame at 6'1"-6'2" is a biomechanical freak.

dj_14

Likes Dirt
it depends. pinarellos are non-sloping frames, so if the geometry is the same as an actual pinarello, then a 54-54 frame would require a 6'1"-6'2" rider to have very long legs and a very short torso and arms.

ideal top tube length is related to torso length, just as ideal saddle height is relative to inseam.

it is a fallacy that shorter frames with longer stems make a bike more of a 'crit bike'. pro riders tend to ride small frames for their height becuase they tend to have ridiculously long femurs - this is a biomechanical advantage. they also lean towards long stems and smaller frames because it gives them a shorter headtube. this is necessary because production frames are basically built for girls, ie the consumer, ie fat, middle aged bike riders who can't touch their toes and have the core strength of a butterfly. they also tend to run stupid amounts of setback becuase of their core strength and femur length.

that said, all things being equal, a rider who fits correctly on a 54/54 frame at 6'1"-6'2" is a biomechanical freak.
im 187cm and was an international level swimmer that retired only 3 months ago....... make sense?

dj_14

Likes Dirt
didnt realise there was a whole conversation on the other page.........

personally i have no complants on size. rode over the Dandenongs on Friday last week approx. 90km ride. and didnt have sore knees or back or anything else. not even DOMS the next day.......just that i need to invest into a nice bib (extra padding on the sides of the couch, if you know what i mean)

ordering either Fulcrum racing 3s or 5s tomorrow. going to sleep on what i get :) 5s are great for the money. 3s are just that little bit better. and i wont complain if i get 3s that they are good enough........what it do it once right.

dj_14

Likes Dirt
update

ordered some Schwalbe Ultremo ZX Folding tires in black and have sourced some Fulcrum Racing 3s that are on there way.

should be finished after easter.

once complete full spec list, pricing with location where i bought from and nice pictures of the bike will be posted.

i will be making another one down the track for my dad, so if anyone is interested how a cheap one would go. keep a look out.

again if anyone has any question about how to go about the chinese frames or where i got anything from let me know and im more than happy to help you out.

mrogge

Cannon Fodder
I'm thinking of doing the same setup

"Prince" frame. I'm 179cm, and hesitating wether to go with a Top tube(horizontal) 54,5cm(size 56 according chinese) or 56,5cm(size 58 according chinese).
also with a Force group.

what's your size, or what do you guys recommend?

Also wanted to go with the Prince BoB look(stealthy :cool: )

Please let me know, I'm about to take the plunge

scblack

Leucocholic
Hey the ebay seller who has sold this frame - bikebicycle99 - currently has ZERO items for sale. I had been going through his stuff since this thread opened, and he had dozens of products for sale.

Anyone know why this may be the case? There is no explanation anywhere for the reason.

Oh, and I looked on the Pinarello site, and it has a big section warning about copy frames. Wonder why?

dj_14

Likes Dirt
I'm thinking of doing the same setup

"Prince" frame. I'm 179cm, and hesitating wether to go with a Top tube(horizontal) 54,5cm(size 56 according chinese) or 56,5cm(size 58 according chinese).
also with a Force group.

what's your size, or what do you guys recommend?

Also wanted to go with the Prince BoB look(stealthy :cool: )

Please let me know, I'm about to take the plunge
its personal chioce dude, im on a 54cm at about 184cm. had no problems and ive ridden its a few times well over 80kms

Hey the ebay seller who has sold this frame - bikebicycle99 - currently has ZERO items for sale. I had been going through his stuff since this thread opened, and he had dozens of products for sale.

Anyone know why this may be the case? There is no explanation anywhere for the reason.

Oh, and I looked on the Pinarello site, and it has a big section warning about copy frames. Wonder why?
yer i saw that warning and went searching for them and thats how i got on to it (idiots!)

dont worry about it, they go through stock levels all the time. the original place i wanted to buy from had the same problem so i bought from somewhere else just look around :)

scblack

Leucocholic
dont worry about it, they go through stock levels all the time. the original place i wanted to buy from had the same problem so i bought from somewhere else just look around :)
I have contacted them and have a new seller details.

I ordered a couple of carbon water bottle cages, which have not arrived. Contacted them this morning, just await reply.

mrogge

Cannon Fodder
what do you mean with 54 size for you? a european 54 looks the same as a size 56 chinarello(length wise). or do you mean you're on a 54cm, like with 53,3cm top tube(horizontal)?

its personal chioce dude, im on a 54cm at about 184cm. had no problems and ive ridden its a few times well over 80kms

yer i saw that warning and went searching for them and thats how i got on to it (idiots!)

Hi guys,
looking for a biut of advise

i just recieved a pina dogma copy from aliexpress.
I already have a 2004 giant tcr c1. On the tcr you can see the 3k carbon weave all the way up the tcr fork which i assume is a good thing as this is what strengthens the steerer i.e the fibres i assume (correct me if i'm wrong).

The thing is i just cut the carbon steerer on the chinarello and i dont seem to see much of any 3k weave at all its more of a dense carbon.
Should i be worried??
Any guidance greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
simon