Chinarello new build

Purt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
From what I've read the steerer failing was from a bad batch of forks from cyclingyong. Maybe the ebay seller bought from the same factory as them?

Have a search on roadbikereview, there are a few fork failures.

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not so much a Chinerello but a Chinese carbon just the same.
Nearly built but I realised I did not have a long enough front brake bolt and that the painted seatpost meant that the tolerance was out so I could not install it properly. Looks like I will be removing some of the paint so that I can insert it.
No major issues in the build other than those and certainly no more issues than I had with my Moots, Blacksheep or Santa Cruz. And yes, that is grease on the post which will be cleaned off so that I can clean up the paint.
Also the bars and levers need some work.

Last edited:

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needs more spacers...

Sorry, just had to say that after seeing the RBR thread lol.

Nice bike, love the colour scheme !

Sumgy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Needs more spacers...

Sorry, just had to say that after seeing the RBR thread lol.

Nice bike, love the colour scheme !
Hey!!
You cant have everything.
Look at how much seatpost extension I have.
Some people want everything. :biggrin:

scblack

Leucocholic
Not so much a Chinerello but a Chinese carbon just the same.
Nearly built but I realised I did not have a long enough front brake bolt
I had the same issue with the front brake sleeve bolt. There is a 40mm sleeve bolt available to fix the issue. I got it from Clarence St Cyclery in Sydney, as they have them around seeing many carbon forks need the super long sleeve bolt. Surely you can get it elsewhere as well.

Build looks good.

markyh990

Likes Dirt
Good to see someone in finally using their imagination. You see so many of these standard black carbon frames and fake pinas on the road, good to see someone is doing their own thing.

scblack

Leucocholic
OK, I fitted some new bars - what do you guys think?

And even from having just ridden them around my block a few times upon setting everything up, they are SOLID. I feel a lot better riding with these bars than what I have used before. I very much like them. Sizing is this: 420mm c-c, 90mm stem. They mean my brake/gear levers are about 10-15mm lower than before, but I'll live with that.

Just awaiting my white hoods to arrive.

100_6693.jpg

100_6695.jpg

100_6697.jpg

100_6721.jpg

100_6727.jpg

Last edited:

KLabs

Likes Bikes
OK, I fitted some new bars - what do you guys think?

And even from having just ridden them around my block a few times upon setting everything up, they are SOLID. I feel a lot better riding with these bars than what I have used before. I very much like them. Sizing is this: 420mm c-c, 90mm stem. They mean my brake/gear levers are about 10-15mm lower than before, but I'll live with that.

Just awaiting my white hoods to arrive.

View attachment 221074
Hi scblack, the build looks terrific, old or new bars ... :02.47-tranquillity: