City Jumps Adelaide <- Updated 22nd of Dec, pg. 10

CGR

Likes Dirt
^cheers Lewis!

Armed with a much better quality camera and eye i thought people might apreciate some better quality pics haha.

You can see the latest buidling effort off the side of the first of the right set, its not a new line or anything, but simply a right-to-left hip line option that should make things more interesting; stay tuned.

Our resident pump track addict Tim has decided to do something with the less-than-loved newest set, sculpting them into rollers to eventually link-up with the existing rollers next to the reverse set, eventually forming a loop. He's got some pretty cool ideas for it all, so i'm keen to see how it turns out.

Aside from the above, changes since the last update have been:
- Alterations to the mini rhythms with a bigger/better entry berm and some much need love here and there thanks to Jessie and James.
- A bit of love for for a few landings around the place
- The lip and landing of the first of the right set has been changed to be bigger with more pop, the whole set is better for it.

Finally, Zoli's comp was also held, and from all reports, quite sucessfully with crew from Mebourne (Patto for one) making the effort to come over and throw down for the afternoon.
Local pest of the jumps and general crash test dummy Tom Hall managed to win the 'best trick' prize, stomping a 720 off the first of the right set. Huge props to the man; he lived up to his word and donated the prize money to our newly formed club. Combined with the hard work (primarily) Ben in rousing up membership fees and other donations we now have enough to start the process of bringing in machinery to help us with some of our larger ideas. :D

Heres a short vid of some of the action:
[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/video/191899/[/video]

Last edited:

dread

Cannon Fodder
In Callum's absence i'm just letting everyone know that there's gonna be a bit of a build and ride going on this Sunday the 19th of June. Starting 2ish and cracking out the BBQ for a sausage sizzle around 4. Come down for a ride/dig/general larking about. See you there.

Ben

great

this is great to see that in adelaide there is some great jumps being built
and there is now some more new peeps looking after the jumps too
pity i am a crap rider that i cant ride these
but the guys that do it right, awesome, brilliant
great work

this is great to see that in adelaide there is some great jumps being built
and there is now some more new peeps looking after the jumps too
pity i am a crap rider that i cant ride these
but the guys that do it right, awesome, brilliant
great work
Being a crap rider is no reason not to turn up and dig (not having a go at you). The more you dig with these guys, the more they will help you to progress your jumping ability.

Speaking of which, I'm keen to pick up where I left off about a year ago. Got back from playing lacrosse in Prague 2 weeks ago and keen to get back on the bike.

Ben, I'll see you Sunday.

Chris (Big guy, shaved head, can move dirt better than I can ride a bike. Good with camera too)

dreny

Squid
Thread Bump. Went riding at City Dirt on Sunday 09/10/11 and they are running super smooth. Here are some happy snaps.

CGR

Likes Dirt
Pretty epic gap between posts here, i don't really know where to start with all the changes, so i'll just post the videos and photo's doing the rounds since the last update:

Before i left:

Finished the new hip option; its looking a little worse now and needs some love and tweeking

Beefed-up the Ten pack step-down in a big way, its been made longer since.

So while i was exploring overseas over the winter Nige and Nick (among others) put some work into an alternative reverse line (you can see a bit of it in Nick's photos above), but things slowed a little with people's lives getting in the way, so its still a work in progress.

The council came through and built us a new start mound set-up: soo much better!

I was lucky enough to spend a week in Whistler, the River Jumps there have their own watering system, clever shit.

Riding:

Missed out on some good winter sessions...

Having bent 2 frames while i was away Tom's now running the new Cryptkeeper; seems to suit him

Tom and Sheeky getting sideways to avoid collision

Despite stealing my shovel its always good to see Sheeky riding.

Beev looking epic

Brad doing his thing

No one beats Lloydy for style or height, sooo much flow too

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/v/205697/l/[/video]
Photowhore Tom at city and Hackam

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/v/188501/l/[/video]
Sheeky at city

[video]http://www.pinkbike.com/v/227549/l/[/video]
Pretty recent one, you can see we're working on the ten pack atm, the goal is more speed and bigger jumps.

In other news the council did some filming of us to put into a little edit about volunteers, which should be interesting. Ben's also been looking into getting some more dirt in for the mini rhythms and anywhere else we might need it.

Last edited:

FoxRidersCo

Sanity is not statistical
Bit Of Nostalgia :single_eye:

I found some krappy phone pics of the jumps I took back in 2003/2004...

Norco Maniac

Is back!
awesome work, guys. i saw these briefly in passing, last weekend, we were on our way to the track so couldn't stop. looking forward to bringing my camera down when i move over there in January.

cbills

Cannon Fodder
Amazing work guys and some great photos! I think it would be a long time before I was able to tackle them, think I will stick to DH for the time being! Is this just next to the Unley Bike Park which is just off Greenhill Road? I have sat there and watched guys for hours do loops, very thrilling to watch! Keep up the great work, everyone loves it that I have talked to at the park :thumb: