Club Race Dates

DH OZ

Likes Bikes
Just checked the club race dates on the web for WSMTBC -Dargle, CCMTB - Ourimbah, HMBA - Killingsworth.
22-5-05 WSMTBC,CCMTB, HMBA
24-7-05 WSMTBC, CCMTB, HMBA
28-8-05 WSMTBC, CCMTB, HMBA
25-9-05 WSMTBC, CCMTB, HMBA
23-10-05 WSMTBC, CCMTB, HMBA
20-11-05 WSMTBC, CCMTB, HMBA
My point i would like to race at other tracks but for most meetings they are
on the same days.I live south of Sydney and Killingworth is'nt that far away
as is canberra. Do we need a central register for meeting days maybe even up
the numbers on race days.Would or Do others Travel much :confused:to races

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
The reason our races (HMBA) were put on those dates are due to the already full race calender.

By the time you take into account the already crowded State/National XC and DH rounds, the working week series, other enduro events and special weekends such as mothers/fathers day, there really isn't alot left over to hold the club race days.

I suspect other clubs have the same club race dates for this very reason. Basically we all try to make things clash as little as possible, but with the amount of races going on clashes will happen.

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Sammydog is correct. This is the first year after the CA split the NSW/ACT clubs have tired to put a national, state, club colander together for endurance, XC, DH and 4X. Club officials are unfortunately a limited resource and are trying to run many different events to keep the club going. Endurance is the spot with the most riders and money, but a club has to commit a lot of resources and time to make the event happen.

That said yes, I did not see this problem last year. First week was to be enduro, second week down hill state, third week XC and fourth week club. In order to stop so many clashes in dates. But with all the clubs on the same day yes the riders that are willing to travel have problems. Next years colander certainly WSMTB DH will be moved away from the club day where possible, with Lithgow possibly starting regular club day on their own and CCMTB having to run both XC & DH on the same day WSMTB will most probably move to the endurance dates.

The register you talk of exists, but the clubs are picking their dates. To have the clubs come under a formal register raises the NSW/ACT MBA and this is where the clubs are having a discussion now. MTBA does not want to be part of colanders for NSW/ACT.

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
A big part of the problem in my eyes (and most people I have spoken with) is the large number of state races. Seven DH and six XC (generally with XC and DH on different weekends) is far too many races to cram into a state series.

Surely the state series would be better off scaled back to four races on good quality tracks. Standard rules for prizes, numbers and classes with qualifiers, etc. A short but quality series has to be better than this years arrangement.

I'm not positive that the creation of a state body such as a nsw/act MBA is the way to go either. Seems like the creation of a lot of work that could be better managed through a round table comittee of club representitives.

Just my 2 cents