Club Round 8 - August 27 ***NOW WITH RESULTS***

sammydog

NSWMTB, Hunter MTB Association
Getting in early, next round isn't till Sunday August 27.

The chainsaw weilding hillbillie has advised the club DH round 8 will be held on the Loooooooong Track.

We will be doing two runs of the long track (second run optional) this time around, with the best time counting.

As usual XC will strart at 9am with the first DH run starting at 1pm.

Last edited:

sammydog

Where were you last month? ;)
He was there last month, he just forgot to front for his second run

I think the idea of a second optional run is great for club events. It's just more fun and that's what it's all about!
We have thought about it before, but people were keen until time came for the second run. Thats why we have made it optional this time around.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey sammy who can i speak to about doing my run absolute first so i can get time in to run back up and get some filming in? Now i have some good editing software (thanks to demo:) ) i'm super keen on finishing my combined Club DH races vid. Is A grade racing again first this weekend or is it back to D grade?

sammydog

I'll find out who is doing the timing on the weekend, but let them know what you are wanting to do, and it should be fine to bump you up the start list.

I won't be out there until the race runs as I will be at a NPWS meeting about glenrock, so ask at the rego desk.

I'll bring that disc out for you though. Send me a text on saturday night to remind me.

As for the track, there will most likely be a variation to the bottom of the long track.

grubby

Likes Dirt
Racing today was excellent the idea of the extra run if wanted was great. My highlight of the day, was catching our dh director "MR BADMAN" as he picked himself off the ground in the last berm before the wall ride, the pressure of me after him was just to much for him.:p
The disappointment however was our resdent pro pat young not turning up for the challenge that he issued. poor form pat!!!!!!

KILLI SAM

Last edited:

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I agree ^^ the second run was a great idea, if only I had the energy to push it as hard though :p Any ideas when results will be up Sammy?

sammydog

Fingers crossed results will be up by 9pm at the latest.

I would appologise for the delay, but the Jets were playing and Grubby's fridge contained beer that had to be drunk.

youngy69

Likes Dirt
The disappointment however was our resdent pro pat young not turning up for the challenge that he issued. poor form pat!!!!!!

KILLI SAM
hay i didnt issue and challenge that was sammy unfortunatly i had to bloody work next time
pat

grubby

Likes Dirt
don't blame work you knew the race was on. should have reschelduled then. you are a pro now so you are expected to be there the stage was set:p

Hilsty

Squid
Hey Sammy, Any idea when we might see the XC results for Rd 8? The results posted earlier seem like just the DH ones. Cheers

sammydog

The XC results are with the pointscore officer.

Due to the shear volume of numbers that need to be punched into the computer, they take a few days longer than the DH results.

I will put a post up once they are put on the club website, but keep checking there in case I miss them.

The Law

Likes Bikes
Can anyone please tell me what D grade lap distance was in XC for round 8?
We didn't get an exact distance, but guess it would be somewhere between 5.5 and 6kms a lap.

sammydog

Those two drinks didn't go too your head too much last night then.

Thats exactly the distance Mr Quain gave for the laps.