Coffee Drinkers Anonymous

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I still rate this. Made in the USA in the 1920s, still works perfectly. Makes a very nice brew :)

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yeah but it looks really cool...way too slow when you're trying to punch out coffee for office workers at a rapid rate.

If I had a fine dining establishment where I expected to make a few coffees a night and charge ridiculous amounts, such a machine would be a great piece in the bar area. Especially those Italian beasts that are a work of art and purpose
are you familiar with this dude, absolute maestro but keep the hell out of his way...#inthezone

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
are you familiar with this dude, absolute maestro but keep the hell out of his way...#inthezone
What a legend.

Usually I'm concerned when ordering a coffee from someone who leaves the milk to froth by itself like that, but I'd say he's on top of it here.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I wouldn't want to work at that pace for too many hours! He must be a little bummed about that last coffee and those 3 seconds. In all a pretty impressive feat.

He let's that milk spin for a long long long time...if I left it that long on the machine I currently use it would burn.

He isn't cleaning much of the previous shot from the portal filter between shots with that brush.

His shots are dropping pretty much perfect times at the start, but speed up a bit as he rushes towards the end.

His latte art is pretty good, excellent when you factor in all the handling and faffing about the milk cops.

I am very curious how one of those tastes.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
No, but please record and post a link for the video. We have to see this one :)
I don't have a video but it's pretty easy, egg yolk, cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract in your milk jug and away you go. No curdling, no piss farting around with double boilers and done awesomely in no time.
You can also do scrambled eggs but nah, you will end up with egg on your face.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I don't have a video but it's pretty easy, egg yolk, cream, caster sugar and vanilla extract in your milk jug and away you go. No curdling, no piss farting around with double boilers and done awesomely in no time.
I just have a mental image of custard and steam leaping around and sticking to most things in a 3 metre radius :)

poita

Likes Dirt
Any suggestions on a good supplier of beans?

I've recently purchased a SunBeam Espresso machine and have been trying to improve my home coffee's. I finally got around to buying freshly roasted beans instead of supermarket ones and had to adjust the grind setting way down for the fresh beans to pour espresso at the right pressure.

The beans I recently bought came from a Merlo coffee shop and at $23 for 500g they're not cheap and it seems there are many other online suppliers who may offer better/more affordable pricing.
www.coffeesnobs.com.au

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice work, but...

PP when was the last time you had 10 full cream caps in a row?

These days you’re more likely to see 2 full, 2 skim, 2 soy, 1 almond, 1 lactose free, 1 coconut and an oat version. They would be in 3 different sizes needing multiple shots per cup and probably half would be in a random array of byo vessels which may or may not fit under the group head.

If anything is making coffee more expensive it’s that there’s now double the wages behind every machine to keep up with the demand for novelty milk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
PP when was the last time you had 10 full cream caps in a row?
Milk roulette is a real thing. Wait til some dim witted arse hole asked for 50/50...and you're supposed to guess what they mean! Half full cream half skim, half soy half almond, half skim half soy, how about 100% pure man milk and you fuck off? No shit I was told "it's a thing, they do it at McDonald's." now according to my boss it wasn't polite to point out that McDonald's and their customers aren't known for being at the cutting edge of coffee craftsmanship...

I've mentioned before I have a regular group of 20-25 people come in together. A few times I've been stuck solo when this happens and if I really push my arsehole out I can take their orders, sustain polite chit chat with each of them, remember most of their names, make their drink of differing sizes/nature/milk/temp/sugars, and whip up their toast/bananabread/similar and have a smile on all their faces in about 35 minutes, if most of them are happy to grab their drinks from my counter. But that is flat out ball busting work that nobody enjoys. Cleaning up after they leave is another mega job.

And if you have never spilt hot soy milk on yourself, you haven't lived.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Currently have in my care three busted commercial grinders (saved from land fill) and not one espresso machine.

Was offered a busted commercial three group machine, but stupidly at the time passed it up.

That’s fucked up. Need to do something about this and get espresso at home again.

I always loved the Sunbeam espresso machine I used to own. It had a pressure gauge between the pump and the head, it was phenomenal for getting the grind and tramp just right.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Milk roulette is a real thing. Wait til some dim witted arse hole asked for 50/50...and you're supposed to guess what they mean! Half full cream half skim, half soy half almond, half skim half soy, how about 100% pure man milk and you fuck off? No shit I was told "it's a thing, they do it at McDonald's." now according to my boss it wasn't polite to point out that McDonald's and their customers aren't known for being at the cutting edge of coffee craftsmanship...
Is an espresso/macchiato not a thing these days? All these milk drink snobs kinda make me laugh. You can pull any crappy sort of shot swamped in milk and they think it’s great.. It’s warm milk flavoured with coffee in most cases..