Coffs Downhill 2009 Club championships postponed!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Updated 8.00am Friday 6th November: The race has been postponed. We are not racing this Sunday!

Yep, you heard correctly! We are hosting our very first Club Championships on Sunday 8th November 2009. This event is only open to local riders (that includes you guys from out of town who come down to race regularly). I want this event to be a pure demonstration of what our local club has got and what it stands for so I'm looking forward to seeing the regular riders ding their thing.
We are using the State Race track. I had planned to use that and the short track but the short track has had some machines go over it and it isn't very nice to ride.
Morning practice runs will take off shortly after 8am with timed runs kicking off around lunch time. We are only going to do one timed run for the champs as it makes it exclusive and means you have to put all of your skills together and nail one run. I will arrange the categories so nobody will catch a slower rider. The categories will be:
-Junior's (riders under sixteen)
-Hardtail (one class only, juniors and seniors combined)
-Open (this is for the people that aren't juniors and aren't riding a hardtail and does include the quicker riders).

Here is some extra details:
-$10 entry plus $15 for an MTBA day license if you need one.
-A full face helmet and gloves.
-Please print out your form, fill it in and bring the correct money, it makes it easy for me that way.
-Rego will happen from 8am and finish at 9.30am. I don't want to sit around all morning waiting for one last entry so make sure you get there and register before 9.30am. Any late entries will incur a late fee and you'll get pushed to the back of the shuttle queue.
If you know of some volunteers who can help out please get them along. We need compotent drivers for the vehicles so let me or Al know if you have one lined up and we'll give you a discount.
There may be prizes on offer as well............we'll just have to wait and see what they might be.;)
If you have any questions, please ask me and I'll answer your calls.

This is it guys and girls. Get your family and friends to come and cheer and have your bike finely tuned and ready to roll. I've been looking forward to this for yonks!

Last edited:

binner

Hath shat hymself
invasion

damn Dozer, you should of made it the 28th ...massive load coming down from brisvegas...
some old faces are making their comback to DH...;)

Dug

Likes Dirt
Too cool i'll be there Hardtail me thinks. I'm on Holidays from work so we will be weekending in Coffs and Saturday on the mountain for practice. Also Dozer if you need an hand Saturday for track polishing and installation of some more holes I'l be available. Should be up about lunchtime for a track walk and a few runs. See ya all there, that is of course if I qualify for entry being an outta towner Southerner....;)

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
Yeah!!!!!

This is the one boys. the event of the year. whatever you've got, bring it out!!!!:D ill try to lay off the wood this time:rolleyes:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Too cool i'll be there Hardtail me thinks. I'm on Holidays from work so we will be weekending in Coffs and Saturday on the mountain for practice. Also Dozer if you need an hand Saturday for track polishing and installation of some more holes I'l be available. Should be up about lunchtime for a track walk and a few runs. See ya all there, that is of course if I qualify for entry being an outta towner Southerner....;)
Yeah Dug! I should be able to come up and help out on Saturday if there is any work being done matee. I will see if Jordan, Lefty and Nick the pinner can make it too. should be able to give them a lift.;)

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
Yeah Dug! I should be able to come up and help out on Saturday if there is any work being done matee. I will see if Jordan, Lefty and Nick the pinner can make it too. should be able to give them a lift.;)
YES, awsome mick, i can make it up on saturday, i just hope that u fixed up the dodgy trailer :p

And everyone on sunday ill be bringing a mate. He rides a UMF hardy1
his name is Morgan Peen or peen machine or POMLAND and he is currently ranked 5th in the world in his age group in BMX.

i think half the guys up there know him, he lives down the road from me, hayden, lefty and nick. Be nice to him, his used to flat tracks, but he still thinks he can beat me and hayden down the mountain, lets see how he goes with his 80mm travel :D

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hahahahahahahahahaha
lol
holy farkkin yeah go morgasmatron and hisa whole 80 mm of travel. i dont think he quiet gets the grip of a downhill course with not pre rolled tracks and shit, hehehehehe gunna be a good show boys and girls. cya up ther hopefukly ill get me ecd back befor the race!!!!!!:)

yeh bois

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Have you lot been training? I'd stick to working on your pedalling skills instead of clearing obstacles................:p
I'm hoping to get up the hill on Saturday afternoon and have a quick look at the track then work out a good spot for our dual slalom track. If anyone wants to join me maybe you could get your hardtail and ride from home to work on your pedalling skills.
One run............just one chance to be the 2009 club champ.:cool:

ecd08

Likes Dirt
hey dozer justa quick question, what if it rains most of saturday but stops for the sunday morn???
or rains at all for at least a few hours???do we still come up to race or does the ususl rule apply that if it has rained or is raining dont bother turniing up
???
cheers

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The prediction is for some showers on Saturday and fine Sunday. I don't trust the weather man as I think he is a dick and doesn't know anything. If it rains on Saturday and is fine on Sunday without pouring on Saturday night....show up. If it is raining on Sunday, play you Playstation. We don't want to put any one in danger by driving up and down the hill in the wet. We also don't want people sliding off the track on their bike and disappearing into the trees............
Remember, we havethree categories: Junior (under 16's), hardtail (open for anyone on a hardtail) and open (for everyone including the fastest riders). You only get one timed run so you can only enter one category. If you are a junior and you are riding a hardtail you can still enter junior's, I won't make you race hardtail.
Anyone got any drivers to help out?
You shouldn't be reading this, you should be out doing sprints on flat roads!

ecd08

Likes Dirt
wwweeowwwww hell yeah.......... um my dad is keen to drive us up and down for the morn. ill let ya kow dozer on saturday arvo and ill be up on saturday to help with aplenty of hands aswell.:D

Pricey22

Squid
i'm a racing

i 'm probably racing on sunday , got to wait to see if i get my warranty frame before sunday!

Jack456

Likes Dirt
SWEAR WORDDDSSSSSSS, Customs have all my parts that I ordered over a month ago and I might not be able to get them intime for this week end, OMFGNUGGAHHSMUGGFLUUUGOOFRUITCAKEFUCKINGSALADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. The assholes are also charging me about $500 for taking the time out of there life to fuck me around, cheers wankerss! Any way hopfully I can sort somthing out either way Ill still be there on the day to watch ;)