Coffs Downhill 2009 Club championships postponed!

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you lot been training? I'd stick to working on your pedalling skills instead of clearing obstacles................:p
I'm hoping to get up the hill on Saturday afternoon and have a quick look at the track then work out a good spot for our dual slalom track. If anyone wants to join me maybe you could get your hardtail and ride from home to work on your pedalling skills.
One run............just one chance to be the 2009 club champ.:cool:
There's no way i'm doing a 50km leg speeder before the race the next day!
I might throw down 50km on the roadie on friday though.

And jordan, the trailer is still dodge. But i'v built a rack that can carry 3 bikes!
It rocks the house.;)

ecd08

Likes Dirt
haha woop oooii bushpig are you goin to bring your trailer up??? we might need it cos last race we had to have a few people sit out each practise run so yeh
ill see if i can make somethin before the weekend but ill be up there to help out with shuttle. me dad is good for the shuttles too dozer..:p
lookin forward to it and for jack..... customs are a heaper and have nothin better to do( i think the council have a contender for the fun police of the year award!!!!!!) heheheheh:D

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
pfft council they tell you once and think we will go back in our hidey hole

well we didn't they say but don't act

i don't know what your worring about elksdogg :cool:

ecd08

Likes Dirt
pfft council they tell you once and think we will go back in our hidey hole

well we didn't they say but don't act

i don't know what your worring about elksdogg :cool:
haha yeh well i wont be worrying but all the little kids and you guys will be when the councils come and shut our trails down cos their bloody fun police!!!! anyways ill se you boys up the mountain for the BIG one heyyyy ,, nudge nudge??:p

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
haha woop oooii bushpig are you goin to bring your trailer up??? we might need it cos last race we had to have a few people sit out each practise run so yeh
ill see if i can make somethin before the weekend but ill be up there to help out with shuttle. me dad is good for the shuttles too dozer..:p
lookin forward to it and for jack..... customs are a heaper and have nothin better to do( i think the council have a contender for the fun police of the year award!!!!!!) heheheheh:D
as far as i know where bringing my rack which is a gripsport copy haha. It can carry 3 bikes max. 2 without getting the allen keys out...;)

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BOYS ONLY

5252 Minutes
Until 8:30 on Sunday Morning
woot woo
Oh and i found this How To ??
:p:p

Originally Posted By Elsky
haha yeh well i wont be worrying but all the little kids and you guys will be when the councils come and shut our trails down cos their bloody fun police!!
Reply" Screw You Council You'll Never Wreck The Trails":D:p

Last edited:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
BOYS ONLY

5252 Minutes
Until 8:30 on Sunday Morning
woot woo
Oh and i found this How To ??
:p:p

Originally Posted By Elsky
haha yeh well i wont be worrying but all the little kids and you guys will be when the councils come and shut our trails down cos their bloody fun police!!
Reply" Screw You Council You'll Never Wreck The Trails":D:p
when opening champagne: "you just wana make that little shhhht sound"... Otherwise the police will be informed. No fires also.... fire brigade. And no intoxications...... ambo's doing the regular saturdays nights couldn't be shafted driving up the mountain looking for a bunch of goons that need a stomach pumpin!

ecd08

Likes Dirt
And no intoxications...... ambo's doing the regular saturdays nights couldn't be shafted driving up the mountain looking for a bunch of goons that need a stomach pumpin!
awww shit yeahhh boysss.......... unless your as cool as us and ride radically fast down hill and love to boost of everything and flatland and still power on....:p hell yeah. what ambo would miss that???? hahaha

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
My god you blokes talk alot of crap! anyone would think that a group of colobus monkeys had learned how to type. woot woot and yeeeoooww and all that shit!bung it on a bit more why dont ya. anyway whatever. i'll have to borrow a lid off a mate cause i didnt get my replacement in time. and im not riding down that hill with a bucket helmet! see you lot up there nice and early.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Forecast for Saturday
Rain areas with possible locally heavy falls and isolated thunderstorms in the north, tending to scattered showers in the south. Light to moderate east to southeast winds tending northeasterly. Winds fresh along the coast at times.

Coffs Harbour: Rain periods. Chance thunderstorm. Min: 17 Max: 23

Forecast for Sunday
Scattered showers. East to southeast winds, tending northeast along the coast in the south.

Coffs Harbour: A few showers. Min: 17 Max: 22

This looks promising.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
The race is has been postponed. We are not racing this Sunday so stay in bed. I doubt that any amount of sunshine will dry the hill out this month let alone for Sunday so we'll pencil it in for December.
I seriously doubt the condition of the road. I reckon we'll need to spend some time on that fixing it up before any racing is done. Sorry guys and girls, we can't control the weather but it can control us.

Dug

Likes Dirt
Its a bugger but I went out this morning and had a swim around my trails and you've had more rain up there.

Just a tech tip for trail builders; If you need to move logs about your trails today is the day to do it . I floated some big logs onto the track and now have some nice log drops, but be warned take a liter of blood with you to feed the leeches......:rolleyes:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dozer, if it doesn't rain between now and sunday will the race be on? I understand its too wet now though...

Dug

Likes Dirt
Now Mick read this carefully......;).
The race is has been postponed. We are not racing this Sunday so stay in bed. I doubt that any amount of sunshine will dry the hill out this month let alone for Sunday so we'll pencil it in for December.
I seriously doubt the condition of the road. I reckon we'll need to spend some time on that fixing it up before any racing is done. Sorry guys and girls, we can't control the weather but it can control us.
:confused:

Just put a few runs in up here SHIIIIITTT its fun and slippery:p:p

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
dozer, if it doesn't rain between now and sunday will the race be on? I understand its too wet now though...
No. Judging by the amount of rain that is currently washing my backyard and brand new front lawn out into the ocean, we won't won't be racing until 2046.

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has it ever NOT rained for a race in Coffs? Never been there to ride/race, but all I ever hear from anyone is 'mud sweat and tears'.:eek:

ecd08

Likes Dirt
oowww this sucks nuts!!!! i was looking forward to riding my trance up there for once but i suppose its a good thing because then jack will have his bike going and i will have my ecd back and no spleen may have a dually!!!! finally. anyways it would be awesome to have what mike said have your bike reaallyyyyy clean and then have a 'dirty as a hoe' competition and see who wins.....:p now that would be rad!! anyways i soo hope it clears up by next weekend so i can go for a ride after my final exam ever on friday!!!!!! yay... 8 days of holidays then into carpentry apprenticeship:cool: