commencl supreme dh 2010 vs craftworks s1 2010

indica

Serial flasher
Fuck, my bad, I'm so sorry.

The bike anyone loves and owns is clearly the best.
I like curries, you might not.
I like my homebrew, Christo might think it is shit.

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would like to know what your opinion is as to what is the better bike, an S1 which my friend thinks is the greatest, or my Commencal Supreme DH?
I don't know, but you don't deserve either being gifted with the English skill of a deaf Russian.

RMS116

Likes Dirt
Its all personal preferance. Personally I'm a commencal supreme DH fan and dislike the single pivots like the craftworks. But I also own one so of course I'm going to like it, but I can say I also like it because its a damn good bike.

indica

Serial flasher
The commencal is also single pivot, it has a linkage activated shock but still only one pivot.

fairy1

Banned
Its all personal preferance. Personally I'm a commencal supreme DH fan and dislike the single pivots like the craftworks. But I also own one so of course I'm going to like it, but I can say I also like it because its a damn good bike.
I honestly think that is the most retarded paragraph I have ever read on Rotorburn, I'm not joking.

Please don't breed.

Craftworks

Craftworks
I can see how it can be confusing... one main pivot could be described and a single pivot.. I spend a lot of time describing how suspension works - cutting through some of the marketing hype and misunderstanding created over the last 10 years of suspension evolution...

Just a quick point on the S1 - it doesn't need a linkage due to the lower mounting of the upper shock mount (the bit the attaches to the downtube) A few people made the conclusions that we jumped on the melted-frame-look. However, the curved DT allows the shock to be placed in a position were we can achieve a progressive and close to linear rate through the travel.. Normally with that style of layout with that size shock needs to be mounted much higher on the down tube (eg orange 224) This causes the the shock rate to fall away at towards the end of the stroke - not ideal for a coil shock.

I would buy whatever bike you like best!

Cheers

KG

keldave1

Likes Dirt
I can see how it can be confusing... one main pivot could be described and a single pivot.. I spend a lot of time describing how suspension works - cutting through some of the marketing hype and misunderstanding created over the last 10 years of suspension evolution...

Just a quick point on the S1 - it doesn't need a linkage due to the lower mounting of the upper shock mount (the bit the attaches to the downtube) A few people made the conclusions that we jumped on the melted-frame-look. However, the curved DT allows the shock to be placed in a position were we can achieve a progressive and close to linear rate through the travel.. Normally with that style of layout with that size shock needs to be mounted much higher on the down tube (eg orange 224) This causes the the shock rate to fall away at towards the end of the stroke - not ideal for a coil shock.

I would buy whatever bike you like best!

Cheers

KG

Bang on! I have been interested in how suspension pivots, and shocks themselves work for a while now. When I have my bike at work, everyone asks how does it work? (V-10). I usually start with a sigh and start to tell them about leverage and wheel path.

When their eyes go dull I just tell them that the back wheel stops just before it hits the seat.:cool:

Overall it's quite a complicated procedure to explain how each design works.... in reality. As looks go I would prefer the commencial, but they would probably to a similar job with their own pro's and cons in different track conditions.

I haven't ridden either bike so I can't officially comment.

RMS116

Likes Dirt
I honestly think that is the most retarded paragraph I have ever read on Rotorburn, I'm not joking.

Please don't breed.
There's nothing wrong with what I said MATE. The guy was asking something so I answered. Dont waste a post on a personal opinion that no one cares about.
Next time you want to describe someones opinion dont use retard/ed, my cousin has downsyndrome.

dilzy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
There's nothing wrong with what I said MATE. The guy was asking something so I answered. Dont waste a post on a personal opinion that no one cares about.
Next time you want to describe someones opinion dont use retard/ed, my cousin has downsyndrome.
What was retarded was your grasp of sentence structure. I hope English is your second language.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Except for the fact you own, love and hate single pivots all in the one sentance. Insults probably weren't necessary from Fairy but your statement lacks sense.

RMS116

Likes Dirt
sorry if I didn't say it well enough for everyone to understand. I meant I didn't like the single pivot design without linkage eg orange, craftworks. I like commencals single pivot design with linkage.

nskz

Likes Dirt

Please don't breed.
Do you two have a previously fractured relationship? I say this because if you honestly think that is the most retarded paragraph you have ever read on this forum, let alone in this thread, then you can't really go around casting dispersions such as 'retarded' around; it may be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Does it make sense, not really; but at least you can interpret it. Calling for neutering, a touch harsh imo.

On topic: I can only approach an appraisal of the two bikes in question from a looks perspective and it would have to go to the Commencal, personally I think it's a far better looking bike. That said I haven't ridden either of them and that would go some way to determining which one I would buy if I was in the market for one of the said bikes.

Last edited:

fairy1

Banned
I just had to go and look at the original post to see what this thread was about, and I found it was a my mate rekons this frame is better than my frame thread. I really don't give a shit if I offended people by calling someone a retard.

If I said that I hated linkage driven bikes and I then said I own a Corsair Maelstrom and I love it I would expect to be called a retard, I do own a Maelstrom and I am a retard for buying a first gen unproven design.