Complementary colours...

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The red anodised is more like a metallic red in depth and tone, rather than a "solid" red like in most racing liveries:

I don't like the pale/duck-egg blue bikes, white would be a pain to keep clean (and I rarely clean my bikes).

I think a solid red frame would be different enough a red in tone, but result in too much red all-up.

I'm leaning toward dark blue if they can do metallic, otherwise probably a very dark grey, or you know - clear-coated carbon fibre.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
In theory green is the "complimentary" colour to red, but it just doesn't appeal to me - it looks way "too much".
"Way too much.... "

I take that as an insult and personal attack

On a serious note though, I was pondering this exact question last night as I have an old red anno giant atx to build up.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
The red anodised is more like a metallic red in depth and tone, rather than a "solid" red like in most racing liveries:

I don't like the pale/duck-egg blue bikes, white would be a pain to keep clean (and I rarely clean my bikes).

I think a solid red frame would be different enough a red in tone, but result in too much red all-up.

I'm leaning toward dark blue if they can do metallic, otherwise probably a very dark grey, or you know - clear-coated carbon fibre.
Khaki then.

beeb

You should have said this was an option from the start. Done deal. Do this. Bonus points if they can chuck a little pearl/metallic fleck in the clear.
I have read clear-coat isn't great for carbon long-term because UV damage or somesuch, but yeah it is pretty tempting.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

I actually vote a nice slate grey.

beeb

Clear coat is fine as long as the coating is uv stable itself. Don't just spray varnish or epoxy.
I can ask, but not sure yet. I'll be dealing directly with the manufacturer in China, so not sure how clearly I'd be able to communicate that requirement. I though I'd decide on colour options before I smashed 'em with a barrage of technical questions too.