Confessions from the fuckwits

Flow-Rider

Burner
Seen plenty of them. Only myself to blame most of the time, sole operator on a fully automatic underground rig. Plenty of opportunity for stories of fuckwittery at work, but not too many that can be told on a public forum.
You are drilling directional ? Don't know if there are any left, but you just have to look at the tip of missing fingers on some of the old drillers from the 80s.

Last edited:

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, I can now add to this one as well.

Was bouncing on some metal tubing to squish it down and I slipped flicking it into me, I only noticed it when something cool was running down the back of my leg 5mins later.

Strangely still can't feel it, antiseptic, alcohol gel, anything. So I did a depth check, it's only ~3mm but looks good.

Attachments

Minlak

custom titis
Confession? Posted in the wrong section...
I made a post in the wrong thread...then realised and deleted it. Your post is well placed. Especially the happy face. It is a good touch.
I dont know what that means bit guessing wrong section, if so happy to delete away.
Poodle is a bot ..... It's role is to keep the forums active so they place highly in google searches so more people see them and the mods make more money. Sometimes the hot algorithm gets messed up and spams random threads. Just ignore Pink Poodle as he isn't even real.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Poodle is a bot ..... It's role is to keep the forums active so they place highly in google searches so more people see them and the mods make more money. Sometimes the hot algorithm gets messed up and spams random threads. Just ignore Pink Poodle as he isn't even real.
You said it looked real in the photos...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Not an injury sustained working on a bike, but one that will keep me off the bike for a few days - so that counts right...?

Spring compressors slipped while winding down a spring to refit to my Renault's front strut. Fuck me they let go with a lot of force, was probably lucky it only clocked me on the knee as it went flying across the back yard!!

Walking hurts, wont be riding to work tomorrow... Ow... :Cry:

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Queue dry retching here....
I work on blast hole drill rigs, so in close proximity to rotating shit alot. Worst nightmare getting anything caught up like that.
Heard of a guy getting scalped on a drill rig - he had a pony tail that he wasnt as careful about as he should have been...

TREK24

Likes Dirt
Heard of a guy getting scalped on a drill rig - he had a pony tail that he wasnt as careful about as he should have been...
Yeah bugger that. I can absolutely see that happening. Anything like that with clothing, hair, gloves, things hanging off your belt etc can happen so easily. Ours are doing between 30 and 70 rpm, which doesn't sound like much, but by the time you realise you're caught it's too late to do anything.