Confessions from the fuckwits

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
CushCore can eat shit and die.

My turn..... Had to put a new tyre on a bike in the workshop, which I knew had CC in it, because I put it in some time ago. Argued with the fucking thing to get it off, but got there. In between getting distracted by phone calls I got the new tyre on, pumped up & sealant loaded, then looked a bit closer..... Fuck, tyre is on backwards! Then spent a large chunk of yesterday arv getting the bloody thing off again. My hands still hurt.

moorey

call me Mia
I do like the theory of it...I’d only use if I had a complete spare wheel to swap over at a race...which I do....but as of this time, Felix hasn’t needed.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I do like the theory of it...I’d only use if I had a complete spare wheel to swap over at a race...which I do....but as of this time, Felix hasn’t needed.
I'd really like to try the Nukeproof ARD but can't stomach paying $30 freight on a $60 item.. If you want a set I'll buy 2 for free postage and you buy 1 off me and I'll cover post to you from QLD? God knows I owe you....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
FFS. My Garmin hasn't been hooking into my speed sensor all week. It's been annoying me, thought it was the latest software update fucking things up. Or a dead sensor battery, but that was only replaced in February.

When I get home I'll take the sensor off the bike washing rack and put it back on my bike and see what happens :rolleyes:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Began welding the skid I made to repair the rusty loop on the borrowed concrete mixer. Couple of tacks. Seems crazy bright. Spots in eyes. Damn, battery is flat in autodarkening helmet. Get eyes under control, grab #1's helmet (same as mine). Start welding. Fuck battery in this is flat too. Weld flash x 2. Fuckwit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
the real fun starts at about 3am in the morning...
Probably. Most likely. Yes.

My old helmet used the battery to lighten the helmet so when the battery went dead the helmet just went black. This is the opposite and something i need to take note of. And have spare 2450 batteries.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Began welding the skid I made to repair the rusty loop on the borrowed concrete mixer. Couple of tacks. Seems crazy bright. Spots in eyes. Damn, battery is flat in autodarkening helmet. Get eyes under control, grab #1's helmet (same as mine). Start welding. Fuck battery in this is flat too. Weld flash x 2. Fuckwit.
I used to fabricate architectural gates and doors, balustrade etc. sometimes really ornate stuff that could take an entire day just to tack together with the mig before final welding.
You can become pretty blasé about it and forego the mask and just turn your head to the side with your eyes shut while tacking.

I learnt my lesson when at the end of a day I looked like Richard Dreyfus in Close encounters of the third kind.

I resolved after that day to make sure I shared my arc burn between both sides of my face next time.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I used to fabricate architectural gates and doors, balustrade etc. sometimes really ornate stuff that could take an entire day just to tack together with the mig before final welding.
You can become pretty blasé about it and forego the mask and just turn your head to the side with your eyes shut while tacking.

I learnt my lesson when at the end of a day I looked like Richard Dreyfus in Close encounters of the third kind.

I resolved after that day to make sure I shared my arc burn between both sides of my face next time.
are ventilator welding masks a thing these days? I read that the fumes from welding can be farking toxic.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Probably. Most likely. Yes.

My old helmet used the battery to lighten the helmet so when the battery went dead the helmet just went black. This is the opposite and something i need to take note of. And have spare 2450 batteries.
Ive tried many auto helmets and yet to find one that is good enough for me to justify spending big bucks on. The 3M 9100 come close... I mostly do low amp (40-80) Tig Welding in factories with fluro tube lighting, flashing lights and shiny surfaces so plenty of interference to make even the best helmets turn off when you dont want them to. Been using cheapy flip up lids for years, when they're dark they stay dark.