Confessions from the fuckwits

takai

Eats Squid
I think the pitch just looks out cause the chain is sitting on top of the teeth for a quarter of the wrap so running at a larger diameter. Thus, the pitch looks out cause the chain isn't sitting down on the teeth.
This. It ramps out because the wide links arent quite wide enough to seat down on to the wide section of the ring.

Unfortunately i dont have any inside mics small enough to measure the inside of the chainring, but ill do the outside a lunch.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
From https://bike.shimano.com/en-US/information/news/shimano-12-speed-mtb-cassettes.html

The new technology relies heavily on the chain, so if you want the true HYPERGLIDE+ experience, you'll need a Shimano 12-speed chain to go with your 12-speed cassette. With this combination, the newly redesigned cassette smoothly guides the chain up and down the cogs, providing faster shifting in both directions. The chain itself also features an extended inner link plate that connects seamlessly with the new cassette tooth shapes, making it Shimano's most efficient drivetrain ever.

NFI what that actually means, other than Shimano Hyperglide+ chains might be a bit funky on the inside. As RF has Shimano 12-speed specific rings, it suggests that Pushy’s needs to clarify that “12 speed compatible” doesn’t include Shimano 12-speed for for ring that @takai purchased. Perhaps flick an email to RF confirming this, then contact Pushy’s to claim false advertising and have them swap it over to the right one or refund you? They’re usually pretty good with returns.
Had a close look, the ends of the inner plates are slightly bigger diameter than the outer plates where they overlap, which might affect how they sit on some rings.

takai

Eats Squid
Had a close look, the ends of the inner plates are slightly bigger diameter than the outer plates where they overlap, which might affect how they sit on some rings.
Yeah. It could be that it just doesnt roll down into the valley properly and so it binds up and sits proud.

Shoudl say too, Pushys didnt sell me the ring they were out of stock. CRC didnt list any compatibility on their site, so i went from the Pushys listing (which is still wrong).

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Have had my shockpump for two years and always lost air when unscrewing it from the shock. Read a review today and read that it has a red and blue knobs on the end. The reviewer said his were stuck together. Pair of multigrips and surprise surprise they separate. I don't lose air anymore when removing the pump. Truly a f@##wit

Warwick

Likes Dirt
When 'My incident' happened yesterday I immediately thought of this thread.
Ripper day for a ride, and as I am not working, am drinking a lot more and sleeping in later. Come about 11:00 was time to have a shower, do the teeth etc and put on some bike clothes.
Bit foggy headed in the morning.
The Shower: no problems. Went well. These days I like to use Chamois cream to minimise sore spots on longer rides. It's a tube of Bepanthem - Nappy rash gooey cream which stands on the bathroom table on it's flat dispensing end. It's about the same size and shape as the Toothpaste tube its next to. So as not to forget the Chamois cream the night before I moved it to the front of the two.
Then I cleaned my teeth. Grabbed the electric toothbrush and squeezed the paste on.
Only it wasn't the toothpaste. It was absolutely vile tasting. I'm only glad I didnt rub the toothpaste over my sack etc first up!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Ripper day for a ride, and as I am not working, am drinking a lot more and sleeping in later. Come about 11:00 was time to have a shower, do the teeth etc and put on some bike clothes.
The Shower: no problems. Went well. These days I like to use Chamois cream to minimise sore spots on longer rides. It's a tube of Bepanthem - Nappy rash gooey cream which stands on the bathroom table on it's flat dispensing end. It's about the same size and shape as the Toothpaste tube its next to. So as not to forget the Chamois cream the night before I moved it to the front of the two.
Then I cleaned my teeth. Grabbed the electric toothbrush and squeezed the paste on.
Only it wasn't the toothpaste. It was absolutely vile tasting. I'm only glad I didnt rub the toothpaste over my sack etc first up!
On the plus side, your sack might have had an invigorating 'minty fresh' feeling.

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Done worse at a team 24hr race in the middle of the night night. It wasn’t chamois cream....f@&king applied deep heat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Had my first crack at bleeding brakes yesterday after many years riding. I don't have a bike stand, but thought it would be a good idea to hang the bike off the washing line and stand on a chair so the bubbles would go up to the levers. Slowly tightened the bleed port whilst keeping pressure on the syringe, only to have the bleed hose come off the syringe and shoot mineral oil all over the dining chair I was standing on. At least it wasn't Dot fluid, thanks Shimano.

Also, don't tell my wife.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Had my first crack at bleeding brakes yesterday after many years riding. I don't have a bike stand, but thought it would be a good idea to hang the bike off the washing line and stand on a chair so the bubbles would go up to the levers. Slowly tightened the bleed port whilst keeping pressure on the syringe, only to have the bleed hose come off the syringe and shoot mineral oil all over the dining chair I was standing on. At least it wasn't Dot fluid, thanks Shimano.

Also, don't tell my wife.
I hate to tell you that the best way to bleed Shimano had little to do with orientation of the bike.

Push out the old fluid into the cup, empty the cup, top up with some fresh fluid about 1/4 of the way, pull oil back into syringe and then push back into cup a few times to get the big bubbles.

Now here is the important bit. Close the bleed valve on the caliper and do short flicks of the lever lots, you should see lots of little bubbles rising into the cup. These are small bubble trapped near the master piston and the reservoir. When the bubbles stop, prime the brakes by pulling on the lever until the brake is pressurised.

Finally open the caliper valve and force oil into and out of the cup one last time and check for bubbles, then close the caliper valve, remove cup and replace bleed screw.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I also like to do all that, replace lever bleed screw, apply a little pressure into the caliper while closing bleed nipple. Have only started doing it in last 6 months since using upright racks and storing bikes vertically. Makes very little difference to the feel on the brakes while bike is level (slightly firmer lever feel), but stops the Shimano quirk of some levers going to the bar when the bike comes down horizontal (particularly after bumpy shuttles vertically).

stirk

Burner
On the plus side, your sack might have had an invigorating 'minty fresh' feeling.
I had some chaffing issues recently and it was recommended I get some chamois cream. Someone recommend assos so I got some of that. I only applied a small amount to my sit bone area. The cream bloody worked its way into my crack and into my clacker! It then migrated along the scrote and onto the back of my balls.

The stuff is menthol minty and that's not very nice on the nether regions! I rode really fast so I could get home quicker to wash it off!

Not sure if I'm a f-wit and applied it incorrectly or that is just the normal experience.

Any recommendations for non minty butt creams?

Flow-Rider

Burner
I had some chaffing issues recently and it was recommended I get some chamois cream. Someone recommend assos so I got some of that. I only applied a small amount to my sit bone area. The cream bloody worked its way into my crack and into my clacker! It then migrated along the scrote and onto the back of my balls.

The stuff is menthol minty and that's not very nice on the nether regions! I rode really fast so I could get home quicker to wash it off!

Not sure if I'm a f-wit and applied it incorrectly or that is just the normal experience.

Yeah, it helps kill off the bacteria but the ladies Assos cream doesn't have the cool sting for obvious reasons. I've used the Aussie butt cream for a while and no sting on the coochies.

I had to shake my head when @Ultra Lord mentioned the heat-rub, I had an Ex that would wipe her hands on the bathroom towel after applying it, and I've very little sense of smell left.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea

The Assos Cold Clacker Syndrome is well known. I had to stop using it. It was fucking weird.

The RMC Robbie McEwan Chamois Cream is the go, IMO. no cancer/nasty chemical ingredients, no nasty stink chemical fragrance in it, as far as I can make out, and a little goes a long way.

usually get it from bikebug online or in their Melbs store.