Confessions from the fuckwits

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The only issue may be the seal. Its should 'click' in and not pull off easily, if it continues to pull out really easily, you will have to remove the cassette, then slide it on.
Might just be end caps.
The wheel is all good thanks.

The knob/cap that sticks on the end of the freehub and pokes out of the cassette that the axle goes through was super floppy and loose and sticking out too far which made me think it had unthreaded somehow. Turns out it has an internal o-ring and just needed to be tapped back into place on the end of the freehub. Crisis avoided, sanity restored.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Not bike related (though the Muru was on the camper) but fun for everyone.
Driving to our usual beach bush camp. Access via the beach and a short inland access or about 6km of sand track. Typically use the track because then tides dont matter and the beach access gets badly chopped up. Getting to the sand track look at all the signs for how much rain there has been. Grass is green ish but dying off, seen worse. Pull onto the track and air down. Track can range between anything with high clearance can get in with highway pressures to you think 10psi is low enough pressure? Bwhahhahhaha. Track looked a bit choppy so down to 30psi.
4wd has an interesting feature where you push the traction control button to switch of tc or hold to switch off tc and stability control. I pushed the button (fuckwit part 1). Into 4wd and select 3rd high in auto.
Drove in and along the first real straight realised the track is bad, foot down for some more power. stc lightbflashes, Mr Toyota takes away the power and we slow down. Back off to avoid digging in. Airdown to 22/25/20 and restart with tc and stc off. Moves off but the LR digs in. Bugger. Stop and grab shovel and dig out the wheels and under the car. Grab some dead branches and sticks and line them up under the wheels. Started to pull up but again dug in. Ah well fewer pissies needed. Wife says why dont we use the maxtracks? Fuckwit. Fuckwit squared. Dig out sticks and shit, place maxtracks and walk out of hole, drive to harder area. Walk back 1200m to collect maxtracks from sand. Walk to car and drive to camp.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
To put it in perspective camping neighbours dragged a camper and boat in the day before, they got stuck at least a dozen times, had to drop off trailers and snatch each other multiple times, finally aired down to 10psi. Track was bad. Beach is nice. Then it rained the first night. Track is ok now.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Moral of the story is 10psi is the sand trump card. Just watch out for sand in your bead.

Sometimes TC on modern Toyotas (other cars) can be detrimental on sand as it brakes the wheels that lose traction, this can overheat and also slow down your vehicle when a bit of momentum was all that was needed.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
This trail riding is harder than I thought! I haven't even made it onto the trail yet and I'm having issues! A friend offered to drop me off and you bet I left my helmet at home!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
This trail riding is harder than I thought! I haven't even made it onto the trail yet and I'm having issues! A friend offered to drop me off and you bet I left my helmet at home!
It is pretty toasty today. Blame the weather. I'm going to head out too and have been waiting till it cools to 30 today.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It is pretty toasty today. Blame the weather. I'm going to head out too and have been waiting till it cools to 30 today.
Oh I resolved all of that, then I realised I'd left my water at home! Resting under some gum trees at the moment imagining having a drink.

moorey

call me Mia
I guess this is a confession.
More a LTIH maybe.

6 months ago, I talked Felix’s mates dad out of buying Felix’s mate a new bike. I know he’ll be hard on it, and you don’t get much for $2.5 new without a lot of compromises and junk parts.
Assured him I could find him an awesome SH bike for the same money. Covid made it hard, but last week, found a gorgeous 2017 RM Thunderbolt BC edition owned by someone who had many mutual riding mates. Spoke to him, top bloke, custom build from new, just barely had the chance to ride it at all. Crossmax wheels, new XO1, DVO, pike RCT3, carbon frame in perfect condition. Knocked a chunk off to get it close to budget, but dad and son were happy with the bike for a little extra.
He picked it up today, brought it here, I checked it over...stunning bike, will be perfect for him.

Goes out for a ride with Felix, bins it on a jump, bike flips and lands on a log, snaps a seat stay.

Dad is in his way here. I’m gutted, and know he’ll be furious.

I officially give up buying and building bikes for other people. 9/10, something goes wrong, and I end up feeling like shit, or lose money or parts resolving the problem. No more.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
I guess this is a confession.
More a LTIH maybe.

6 months ago, I talked Felix’s mates dad out of buying Felix’s mate a new bike. I know he’ll be hard on it, and you don’t get much for $2.5 new without a lot of compromises and junk parts.
Assured him I could find him an awesome SH bike for the same money. Covid made it hard, but last week, found a gorgeous 2017 RM Thunderbolt BC edition owned by someone who had many mutual riding mates. Spoke to him, top bloke, custom build from new, just barely had the chance to ride it at all. Crossmax wheels, new XO1, DVO, pike RCT3, carbon frame in perfect condition. Knocked a chunk off to get it close to budget, but dad and son were happy with the bike for a little extra.
He picked it up today, brought it here, I checked it over...stunning bike, will be perfect for him.

Goes out for a ride with Felix, bins it on a jump, bike flips and lands on a log, snaps a seat stay.

Dad is in his way here. I’m gutted, and know he’ll be furious.

I officially give up buying and building bikes for other people. 9/10, something goes wrong, and I end up feeling like shit, or lose money or parts resolving the problem. No more.
It's hardly your fault that Felix's mate rides like a potato.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Absolutely not my fault. And was just a freak thing according to Felix. I still feel like utter shit, as would you.
It actually wasn’t the jump, it was a berm after it I hear now. Washed out, bike Flipped over, just happened to land the seat stay on a log.
Maybe being the parts whisperer is more than enough Craig. People can be such ungrateful cunts. Fuck 'em.
With a corroded chrome rigid fork.
;)