Confessions from the fuckwits

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
What? Dude is just ready to send the slope course or 4x track in his bright arse colours on a blacked out trick machine...
Years ago a mate was considering getting into mtb'ing so picked up this dodgy huffy dual suspension bike for free just to see if he would like riding.

He painted it matte black and called it the dark matter because that's how much it weighed.

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
I feel ill.
574mm a2c spec, 180mm Lyrik is 572mm or Zeb is 577mm. A 160mm Fox 36 in 29" is 571mm.

My mental trigonometry isn't great but by effectively nullifying the fork length difference, I bet you won't notice anything wrong running with the smaller wheel up front. Especially if you're not changing down from 29" to compare. Worst case you might have to stick to running it in high setting to keep the BB up, and accept the slightly steeper HA (which will still likely be sub-64.5).

moorey

call me Mia
574mm a2c spec, 180mm Lyrik is 572mm or Zeb is 577mm. A 160mm Fox 36 in 29" is 571mm.

My mental trigonometry isn't great but by effectively nullifying the fork length difference, I bet you won't notice anything wrong running with the smaller wheel up front. Especially if you're not changing down from 29" to compare. Worst case you might have to stick to running it in high setting to keep the BB up, and accept the slightly steeper HA (which will still likely be sub-64.5).
It's fork difference PLUS the wheel size. I forgot to factor that in.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
It's fork difference PLUS the wheel size. I forgot to factor that in.
Yeah that's my point. If you're running a 180mm 27.5 Lyrik, your A2C is the same or effectively the same depending on fork brand as the 160mm 29" fork that is specced. So the only change is wheel diameter.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah that's my point. If you're running a 180mm 27.5 Lyrik, your A2C is the same or effectively the same depending on fork brand as the 160mm 29" fork that is specced. So the only change is wheel diameter.
Time to try out a 2.8 Wild enduro, you say?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Place holder confession.

Ordered my dream frame knowing it’s a mullet bike.
Planned a 20mm longer travel fork to negate the 29” and run 27.5.

@beeb pointed out to me that it will still be 18mm low in the front.

I feel ill.
Oi, the internet says you need a 200mm fork to keep the same geometry, with a 180mm fork you'll be caveat, extremely vague guess inbound shaving circa 1 degree of head angle and doing all sorts of other weird geometry related things I don't understand but will be bad and you shouldn't do. The bottom bracket on these things is already sea level violatingly low, I feel this is a ruinous game you're potentially playing.

A thought occurs: run a 29er front wheel on it?