Confessions from the fuckwits

safreek

So I went and did a track night last week in Godzilla. Things went well until I got passed by a BMW M5 Competition.

This is a very serious BMW.

This made me very very unhappy.

I slept badly and the next morning I:
1. Bought a second set of immaculate OEM wheels and fitted a set of very racey Nankang AR1 semi-slicks to the old scratched wheels.
2. Ordered a GReddy transmission cooling kit from Japan.
3. Booked Godzilla in for a dyno run to make sure it had the proper tune.

Thought about an E85 kit for 1 day.

4. Called the dyno shop and ordered an E85 kit.
5. Figured might as well get a straight through Ti mid pipe of Facebook if I'm getting the car tuned.
6. Saw a YouTube video warning of E85 on the fuel pump hanger so ordered a Radium race hanger and pumps.

Waited 2 days.

6. Called the dyno shop about the full bolt on treatment. This includes new 1050cc injectors, and new internal turbo waste gates, which is an engine sub-frame out job.
7. If the engine is out I might as well fit a Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing front diff, and a Litchfield billet diff housing to protect the engine block.
8. Ordered a NISMO GT 2-way rear LSD to get potentially 450kw at the wheels down.

Looked at the rules for the NSW Super Sprint series for class 2F for 2 days.

9. Ordered a full set of Hard Race front and rear control arms. Also ordered a full set of rear pillow ball bushes.
10. Ordered a set of Top Secret front pillow ball bushes from Japan.

Wondered how they were going to inspect the inside of the turbo charger for 1 day.

11. Started looking for a turbo that fits the OEM IHI housing. Find the Xona Green turbines.
12. Asked the dyno shop about the Xona Green turbines. They recommended the HKS GTIII 800 system instead.
13. Randomly find a Linney GT1000 system based on modified Garrett GT3076R in the US for very very cheap. Can't resist it.

14. If I'm forwarding a shipment from the US I might as well get some Manley rods and pistons. Buy some cheap low mileage used ones.

The Linney turbo now puts me into class 2B, highly modified production cars.

15. Buy Verus Engineering carbon fibre undertray and rear diffuser to reduce drag to a cD of 0.25 and increase rear downforce by 13%.
16. Wonder if I should buy a heavily worked car from South Africa that already has a stroker kit, upgraded transmission, roll cage and a trailer.

Put phone away for the night, and continue stewing...

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
May I suggest

Screenshot_2023-08-22-20-22-25-47_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

wesdadude

ウェスド アドゥーデ
Silly Oddjob getting all worked up over his fast car not being fast enough. A real confession would be leaving the pit limiter on.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Silly Oddjob getting all worked up over his fast car not being fast enough. A real confession would be leaving the pit limiter on.
I did a standing start with the handbrake on once... And another lap with the nannies on. This is what happens when you chat with the starter rather than concentrate on what you are supposed to be doing. Gentle country drives those two...

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
If only it were that simple. Prior to last week I put BMW in the same category as Specialized, for wankers by wankers. This week I just want to throw shopping trolleys at every BMW I see, it's like a mania!

22. Bought a full cat back Amuse R1 Titan 90mm exhaust.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
# 2 came over night before last to fit a lightbar to the front of his XR4. Factory lights are pretty shit and he will be moving out amongst kangaroos at the end of the year. Left him with it. Went out at about 23:00 to check on progress. Pretty much done ready to do a trial position. Grabbed a 600mm long offcut 50mm angle and that and a level and a tape gave a good starting point lining up the face of the lightbar. Idly tossed the angle away and it bounced back. Luckily my steel cap boots were saved any damage because they were still on the boot rack in the garage. Even luckier the concrete floor of the carport didn't sustain any more bruising because the little toe on my bare right foot intercepted the angle. Ouch. Bit of damage but no immediate blood and because my foot was very cold only limited pain though I knew this would be temporary. Time to test the light, jumped in the passenger side and off we went. Noticed that my toes felt a bit slippery and my bare foot was resting on some paper on the floor. Is, um, that paper on the floor important? No just some old work stuff. Ah good. Fine adjustments done and test over and noticed my heel was slipping on the paper too. Hmmm. By the time we arrived home 5 or 6 pieces of paper were well and truly stuck to my foot. Alighted from the car with paper attached and picked up some that was still damp. Nothing seeped through the paper onto the floor which was good. Hobbled into the house. The brief time in the car had raised the temperature of my foot and it was somewhat sore. Into the ensuite and ran some warm water and added 45kL of dettol to soak the paper off and have a look. Not so pretty, biggish chunk gouged out of the top of the toe but the skin had settled back down and the nail already has a massive bruise under it. Dry off and a squeeze of goo and a bandaid and all is good yes. Sock on for the overnight portion and only woke 923 times when the toe brushed the covers. Yesterday was a loooong luncheon with friends. Redressed the toe which had stopped leaking momentarily and fitted into a boot with a thick sock wasn't more than a dull ache. Get home late afternoon and remove the boot. And the blood soaked sock. Back into the bath. This time I cut off the dead bits and found a gouge about the size of a fingernail so most of the top of the toe. And the toe was bleeding out of the nail. This is ok right? More goo and bandaid and this morning it has improved markedly and is now only just very fucking sore. Nothing broken but the nail is going bye byes and the gouge has stopped leaking and started healing. Sigh.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
# 2 came over night before last to fit a lightbar to the front of his XR4. Factory lights are pretty shit and he will be moving out amongst kangaroos at the end of the year. Left him with it. Went out at about 23:00 to check on progress. Pretty much done ready to do a trial position. Grabbed a 600mm long offcut 50mm angle and that and a level and a tape gave a good starting point lining up the face of the lightbar. Idly tossed the angle away and it bounced back. Luckily my steel cap boots were saved any damage because they were still on the boot rack in the garage. Even luckier the concrete floor of the carport didn't sustain any more bruising because the little toe on my bare right foot intercepted the angle. Ouch. Bit of damage but no immediate blood and because my foot was very cold only limited pain though I knew this would be temporary. Time to test the light, jumped in the passenger side and off we went. Noticed that my toes felt a bit slippery and my bare foot was resting on some paper on the floor. Is, um, that paper on the floor important? No just some old work stuff. Ah good. Fine adjustments done and test over and noticed my heel was slipping on the paper too. Hmmm. By the time we arrived home 5 or 6 pieces of paper were well and truly stuck to my foot. Alighted from the car with paper attached and picked up some that was still damp. Nothing seeped through the paper onto the floor which was good. Hobbled into the house. The brief time in the car had raised the temperature of my foot and it was somewhat sore. Into the ensuite and ran some warm water and added 45kL of dettol to soak the paper off and have a look. Not so pretty, biggish chunk gouged out of the top of the toe but the skin had settled back down and the nail already has a massive bruise under it. Dry off and a squeeze of goo and a bandaid and all is good yes. Sock on for the overnight portion and only woke 923 times when the toe brushed the covers. Yesterday was a loooong luncheon with friends. Redressed the toe which had stopped leaking momentarily and fitted into a boot with a thick sock wasn't more than a dull ache. Get home late afternoon and remove the boot. And the blood soaked sock. Back into the bath. This time I cut off the dead bits and found a gouge about the size of a fingernail so most of the top of the toe. And the toe was bleeding out of the nail. This is ok right? More goo and bandaid and this morning it has improved markedly and is now only just very fucking sore. Nothing broken but the nail is going bye byes and the gouge has stopped leaking and started healing. Sigh.
I recall in pre-primary a kid dropped something on his toe and ultimately the nail came off. I was so disturbed by the sight that I defriended him for life.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
When all of the nail falls off it's okay. When 95% of the nail falls off but is still attached by a thin strip up one (full length) side of the nail it is quite unpleasant to fully detach. Bullnose pliers get the job done though. :rolleyes:
Had me cringing at the thought of tearing that last 5% off :confused:

I dabbed the ground once on a bike to stop falling over, a motorbike at 60kph to be exact. My shoe stopped momentarily but my foot was still doing 60.
Toes moved forward in my shoe and I lost 3 toe nails, I have vague memories of cutting bits off one as it grew as it refused to go as one, hanging on to about 30% life. Still cringing.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
When all of the nail falls off it's okay. When 95% of the nail falls off but is still attached by a thin strip up one (full length) side of the nail it is quite unpleasant to fully detach. Bullnose pliers get the job done though. :rolleyes:
Hmmm... I was feeling hungry but now I'm not. Thanks I guess.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
So...they are as straight as I can get them...within 0.05 degree on the digital level, originally about 3.5degrees out to the spindle axis..but fuck me they are strong. I was initially being pretty gentle and very weary of any cracking/creasing appearing... By the end I was farkin swingin' off the end of that bar, had the mock up spindle clamped in the lathe chuck as the bench was moving around too much, and actually hoping something would break as it was a bit ridiculous how hard it was to get them to move... Unfortunately, they didn't break, which means now I'm going to have to ride them.
I still think this is in the right thread...

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Putting this here for later: