Confessions from the fuckwits

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Here I was getting ahead of myself and thinking I’d need to pull it apart completely. Of course I should just try to bleed it first. Will see if I can remove the squishiness. Thanks.
When I was helping a mate revalving the damping on some foam cell triple bypass 4wd shocks they were very vulnerable to air entrainment during filling and initial stroking. Take that part easy and keep working it until all the bubbles are gone.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah, but at least they paint over it.

No loss, does not affect performance and 5/6? years old.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We have a mastercard that is used for on line purchases. Low limit and if it is hacked then no big deal. Nothing linked to it etc. Except I tend to use it as my main card because it is easy. On Friday I noticed the card was not in my phone case where it is normally kept. Mild panic. Then checked the account and nothing on the card past Wed. Rang the last place in case I left the thing there but no card. Put a temporary stop on the card just in case. OK. Think about it. Ah yes I had it out to pay the cat registration fees but used bpay instead. Maybe dropped in on the floor in the study? Nope. Saturday morning did a full tear down of the study, printer off the desk etc etc. Under amp etc. Nothing. Checked in the lounge and miscellaneous flat surfaces. Still nada. Decide at that point I will just cancel the damn thing. So I did. Then...

10 minutes later...

The kitten comes belting along the corridor bashing something around the floor...

My bloody mastercard!

Little bugger must have found it on my study desk or the floor where I dropped it and secreted it somewhere that was fun. And the irony? The cat registration I was doing was the new one for the kitten!

ausdb

Being who he is
We have a mastercard that is used for on line purchases. Low limit and if it is hacked then no big deal. Nothing linked to it etc. Except I tend to use it as my main card because it is easy. On Friday I noticed the card was not in my phone case where it is normally kept. Mild panic. Then checked the account and nothing on the card past Wed. Rang the last place in case I left the thing there but no card. Put a temporary stop on the card just in case. OK. Think about it. Ah yes I had it out to pay the cat registration fees but used bpay instead. Maybe dropped in on the floor in the study? Nope. Saturday morning did a full tear down of the study, printer off the desk etc etc. Under amp etc. Nothing. Checked in the lounge and miscellaneous flat surfaces. Still nada. Decide at that point I will just cancel the damn thing. So I did. Then...

10 minutes later...

The kitten comes belting along the corridor bashing something around the floor...

My bloody mastercard!

Little bugger must have found it on my study desk or the floor where I dropped it and secreted it somewhere that was fun. And the irony? The cat registration I was doing was the new one for the kitten!
There is a solution to this. Get rid of said kitten, problem solved;)

Last edited:

Jpez

Down on the left!

10 minutes later...

My bloody mastercard!

Reminds me years ago working on a building site. I had a habit of just piffing my wallet under the front seat during the day. No one will think to look there surely!
Anyway end of day comes I go to grab my wallet and it’s not there. I look and look under the front seat. Definitely100% NOT there. I then remember my window was half down and I remember 2 likely looking dudes skulking around. Dammit! It’s nicked. Those fuckers!
So I cancel everything. Then go through the process of getting new cards etc. major PIA.

A year later I’m giving the car a detail for sale and I have my head right up under the seat cleaning and there up in the seat frame cavity amongst the wires and crap is my stolen wallet. Only upside is it still contained a few hundred dollars I’d reported stolen to the police at the time.

teK--

Eats Squid
Jeez, that Hope crown race looks stout!

Is it a 45 degree jobbie or 30 something like Cane Creek?
Hopes are 45 and I can attest their races and headset bearings are the bomb. Am still on the same lower bearing for 5 years and 7,000Kms and it still smooth.

teK--

Eats Squid
Well… fuck. I don’t know. Should have checked angles. It looked the same. Seemed to go back together ok?
Damn you sensible question asker!

Edit: @kten had me questioning myself, so I dropped the fork down again. I’m running a 40x52x7 45°x45° lower headset bearing and the Hope HS137s crown race which (from what I can tell) has a 45° angle. Crisis averted.
I can add to this for my fuckwits confession today.

I did all the hambo'ing recently and ended up with a new lower headset bearing and a cane creek 110 series race with double lip seal which are meant to be the bomb. It said 'suits all 1.5" internal headset bearing' on the MTBD website description.

Fits together just fine, driveway test all good.

Not until i was talking to a mate aftewards that I learn a bearing with 36 on one side and 45 on the other is even a thing... so I go on the CCreek website lookup this race and it says it's a 36. (My bearing is a 45). If you look at the diagram, a 45 bearing and 36 race still fits together fine with no telltale sign the bearing is only being supported by the edge of the lip instead of the full face of the inner bearing race. (a 36 bearing doesn't really work on a 45 race though as it would sit really high and suggest something is wrong.

Anyway jump online and buy a 36 bearing this time, to suit the race I wanted to use.

It arrives and looks a bit odd. Then I realise the fuckers sent me a 45 bearing by mistake! In fact it's the exact same make and model bearing I ordered with the race ha ha.

They acccepted their fuckwits error and are now sending me the correct bearing. Now I will have 2 x 45 bearings that I no longer need.

teK--

Eats Squid
Well I really kicked myself in the dick tonight!

We had a fairly big launch party. Love DJs (not too bad) many Newtons louder than they needed to be. Hundreds of corporate suck holes. 2 event planners that couldn't plan a root in a brothel. And many hours of it just going on and on and on...when it finally comes to the end and everyone has gone home and I am locking down the building I see the kitchen guys have left all their lights etc on. Every fucking time...so tonight I decide they can have a small amount of inconvenience tomorrow morning and I will lock all their storage. It wont be huge, but only a couple of them have the necessary key, and that inconvenience is enough for me.

Hmmmm this fucking lock is sticky and jammed full of shit. I wrangle my key in, lock the door, can't get my key out. It is 1:15am. I jiggle I wriggle I pull and I push. I get nowhere. I fin some vegetable oil and trickle a tiny bit on the key and wriggle and jiggle then the key pops out. But the latch is locked. So now my key is lubed up, I slip it back in the lock and fuck me it is stuck again and I can't unlock the door. This time it is proper stuck and not going anywhere. I decide fuck it I'm going home and I'll come back in the morning...no I won't. I need that key to get my backpack, house keys, and bike. Ahhhh yes my multi tool would be useful right now, but it locked away in my backpack.

So now I am MacGyver because fucked if I want to walk home and break in here. I've got a fork, butter knife, some other bits and pieces...then I see the cordless drill with the correct bit on the end. I have to pull the entire door handle - lock assembly out of the door. Get my key out and fuck me the lock barrel won't go back into the frame. More fucking around ...but I win. Whole door back together. It's only 140, not too bad.
Reminds me of back in the day. Sunday night session got a bit on the puff puff give.. Then we start cleaning the kitchen which lead to scrubbing the greasy stuff off the door lock and handle. Next minute we are disasssembling the lock to really get it running smoothy.

Only problem is we couldn't get it back together and ended up ringing around various locksmiths until we found one who was nice enough to give us some free advice over the phone. Turns out we fucked something during disassembly and the lock is done.

This is a rental and was an upstairs abode above some shops, so this kitchen door was also the one and only door into the apartment.

We drove all the way to 24/7 Kmart and bought a new lockset then went back to try and fit it. By then we were all tired af after being up all weekend and after a bit of faffing decided to call it a night. I went home and as far as I know they didn't get the lock fixed until many days later.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Sorry I wasn't meaning to offend I couldn't find the joke flag emoji to put at the end, I thought the wink was close enough.
I have had multiple pets along the way, dogs, cats, calves, chickens, ducks etc but my favourite has been my concubine.