Confessions from the fuckwits

lindz1817

Likes Dirt
I'm having a most winningest day!........... Pedals are stuck...... I know it's been a big joke around here for a long time since that thread, but I'm not even kidding. They've been on there for about a year and a half and have no idea if used grease or superglue on the threads. Time to put everything down, have a beer and watch the cricket methinks. No good will come from further efforts today!
So I got my pedals off. I decided to buy some decent Allen keys (as the 2 year old super cheap auto ones were munted) from repco (highly recommend repco tools) I and ended up needing the bar from my hydraulic jack for leverage, but I got the fuckers off! Didn't even need a blowtorch . WINNING!

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
brand new can of degreaser did a great job of spraying straight through the wheel on to the rotors. Went and got some CO contact cleaner, seems to be the best method for cooking the pads.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I weakened today and did something I've never done before, I shared the holiest of holy's, yes that's right, i shared a camel back. I've let fuckers who decided to weight weenie on water suffer through sub saharan sand storms before, but i've obviously softened of late.

Of all the fuckers, I shared it with ....Knuckles. He has proven himself a true and worthy weight weenie, embarking on a 4hr 32 degree ride with a half bottle. Respect for trying!

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Decided to leave my patch kit in the car this morning. Cm diameter stick through my tyre, two holes in my spare tube from rubbing in the saddle bag since I hadn't had a flat in so long. Walked / rolled with weight on the bar for 5km road and hilly dirt, took about an hour and a half in sworks shoes ... Clearly not designed for walking. Blisters will punish my schoolboy error.