Confessions from the fuckwits

Rabble bukes

Likes Dirt
Riding along yesterday and felt something on the back of my leg. Looked like white liquid. Thought that was weird. Then saw it all down the back of the bike. Weird i thought, what the hell is that? All i was thinking, was is it my shock, brakes, reverb post (even though i've serviced all of these and know for sure there's no white liquid in them) or had i rode through some weird puddle? What is this white liquid?

Took me a bit to realise it was tire sealant that had been squirting out. Have never run sealant before, so this was my first experience of getting a small puncture and it squirting out. Felt like a right royal idiot.

gc49

Likes Bikes
Well, got a new gopro for Christmas and decided to try it out today.

Made sure it was charged well the night before, then deciding how I was going to transport it to the trails, I though I'd put it in my sunglasses hardshell case so it's well protected (early start so did all this last night so everything was ready at the door for my pick up). Get to the track, get the bikes out, set up the camera on the mount, and turn it on as we ride out of the car park. 20 seconds later it beeps at me and shuts off. I stop and turn it back on, but it turns off straight away, though this time I notice the empty battery icon. Thinking damn, mustn't have charged it right (as my brother has one and had that issue the first time he used his), stopped worrying about it and finished the ride.

Get home, and there's heaps of video on the card, which should have been empty. Look at the file, and see black with the sound of a zipper being closed (ie the sound of the sunglasses case being closed the night before, which was a little tight on the fit). The file goes for 2 hours of black with the odd faint sounds of muffled conversation every now and then in the background........ Fwit!:doh:

UncleFeet

Likes Dirt
Here's one for ya...

I broke a spoke the other day and decided to cut the bulk off and go out and ride anyway...shuffled around on the bench through all the shit looking for a cutter, found it and then cut the spoke off about 5mm from the nipple....a perfectly good spoke...farkwit indeed

jakey89

Squid
I fell asleep while riding home from work late after a 15 hour shift. It was a rather long straight downhill stretch. Needless to say, I woke up on the ground with a mouthfull of grass and dirt and rather sore.

moorey

call me Mia
I fell asleep while riding home from work late after a 15 hour shift. It was a rather long straight downhill stretch. Needless to say, I woke up on the ground with a mouthfull of grass and dirt and rather sore.
I felt the same way riding one. Damn dangerous, those 29ers :rant:

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Twice in the last 6 months I've got cash out at the self-serve checkouts at Woolies and walked away without picking it up from the machine. :doh:

doosh

Likes Bikes
Putting some directional road tyres on my commuter. Forgot they were directional until the first wheel goes back on. Take it off, remove the tyre and spend fucking ten minutes trying to figure out which way to put the tyre on. Then put it on the same way as before, which turned out to be the right way after all.
Marathon plus tyres too, which are a prick to get on or off. Nice one.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Did a brake bleed. Lost the bolt that you screw back into the lever. After 40 minutes, I finally found it in some random corner of the garage - bleed finished!

DJR

Likes Dirt
Did a brake bleed. Lost the bolt that you screw back into the lever. After 40 minutes, I finally found it in some random corner of the garage - bleed finished!
On that note a pro-tip - never do maintenance on small bolts/washers/nuts/screws on a timber deck... have lost a couple of things down there, thankfully nothing major, have to remember to put a tarp down next time :)

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
On that note a pro-tip - never do maintenance on small bolts/washers/nuts/screws on a timber deck... have lost a couple of things down there, thankfully nothing major, have to remember to put a tarp down next time :)
Or a lawn.......

My confession: Left for a "summer" holiday in Tassie, having packed only shorts and t-shirts. Fuckwit!

Last edited:

charlieking97

Likes Dirt
Listed iPad case on eBay. Finally sold after a fortnight. Recieved cash and enveloped ready to post. Have flashback to seeing the word 'Mini' in the title which was modeled off another listing - confirmed. Case is for full sized ipads. Refunds sent after i lost a few dollars in ebay/paypal fees before relisting with one less word in the title. Might just quit this selling shit thing altogether

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Realised I had run my chain incorrectly around my rear derailleur on my new bike. I had successfully ridden for a good few weeks, until the chain started slipping, and then realised it had been rubbing on a little bit of metal inbetween the derailleur cogs. Somehow when I re-routed the chain and turned it inside out the chain has stopped slipping so I consider my self a bit lucky this time.
^This, took me a while (far longer than it should have) to notice, and the derailleur now bears 2 grooves on the outside of the flange.

Cheapskate fuck-wittery: re-laced my roadie / commuter wheels and forgot to get rim tape. Rather than do the right thing and go get some, I think 'hey, sticky tape will cover those holes'. Run some electrical tape around the rim a few times, thinking I'll change it soon when I get some proper rim tape. That, of course, doesn't happen. I get a flat a few months later on the way to work, so spend my lunch running around getting a few more inners to get me home. Put the first one in, pump it up and get to around 80psi and -boom-, there it goes. To continue my complete lack of thinking, I just think I must have had it pinched & try again with a new tube, same result. By this point I am out of tubes and finally notice the hole in my makeshift rim-tape where the tube has pushed it through a spoke hole. Idiot.

Riding to tennis with the tennis racket off the handlebar by the bag strap. It swings nicely into the front wheel and jams it up, sending me endo onto the pavement.

Converting to tubeless but (once again) being a cheapskate and not purchasing proper tubeless ready tires, instead opting to re-use some Nevegal's I had lying around. Second trail I take a leap, land & tear a gaping hole in the tire and ripping it off the rim, sending me straight into a tree at high speed. Result: Badly dislocated finger & 3 months occupational therapy to get it moving again.

Not checking my bike before a ride, only at the start of the next ride checking why the rear end felt sloppy and noticing a bolt missing out of the suspension assembly. Thankfully after disassembling and rebuilding the rear end the bolt holes lined up again and it all went back together.

I could go on, but I think I'll leave it there for now.

bardles

Likes Dirt

I've done this a few times. Used to pull 36 hour shifts every few days. Damned if I was going to drop riding out of my life.

One time, another 36 hour shift - smashed out every track in Daisy Hill with a buddy, probably around 40 odd kms. Got back to the car and realised I'd dropped my phone along the way. Found it 8km from the car. Was pretty knackered and pissed off by this point.

Shredden

Knows his goats
I have a terrible memory.

Went down to the shed to put new brake pads in the moto. Take caliper off. Realise the shop gave me the wrong size pads. Put caliper back on.

2 hours later...

"Did I bed in those new pads yet?" Ride bike out of the garage, and hit 5th in our small suburban street before realizing I wasnt slowing down as quick as I should be. Hit a bush. Retard.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took my old bars and stem off, decided it would be a good idea to firstly clamp the bars into the new stem then slide it onto the steerer after.

Spent a long time wandering why my 1/8th stem wasn't going onto the 1/8th steerer - how could I fuck up buying such a simple part?
Realised after finishing my beer that I'd put the bars on the wrong way and was trying to force the stem on upside down (was reading hussfelt upsdie down and it was making sense?)
Put on the right way up and then spent ages flipping the bars around and lining them up straight and avoiding scratches.
Went to slide on brakes and shifters, fuck the cables were too reach the end of the new bar. Had to undo face clamp and slide bars over to get shifters/brakes on.

Then managed to get degreaser in my eye.

The beers were nice though.