Confessions from the fuckwits

camoshop

Banned
It has been a while since my last confession, I am overdue.

Thought I'd install a 680 width bar to temporarily replace a 740 as an experiment to see if I need more backswee... never mind the rest....

I'm a fuckwit for even thinking going narrower would feel better even as a test, it felt dirty.

I am ashamed.
700 is narrow enough 740 on the anthem now is perfect! 780 was way to huge

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Bike maintenance is never a good idea in a carpeted room!

I did some work inside once, I thought the bike was clean but little bits of greasy crud fell off the jockey wheels onto a white runner I happened to be working on. Didn't know till I walked it in smearing into larger stains. The wife still not happy about that one.
Carpet isn't a good idea...time for rennos.

I nominate myself for fuck wittery. Left my rear wheel sitting ontop of a speaker (nfi what I was thinking) in my home theater room to go help the wife and came back to find the wheel had toppled off. DT Swiss freehub came apart, dropping the star ratchets onto my new carpet and getting grease everywhere. Right where one walks through too, so now I need to attempt to clean the carpet without making another entry here. fuck fuck fuck
See...no carpet no problem.

You need a breakfastbar bike bench combo...my workshop is the kitchen.

sbr511

Likes Dirt
i bought 3 shocks... 2 dont fit, 1 sort of does...

my bargain CCDB also turned out to be an expensive CCDB after the "recently serviced by NSD" really meant "i had it serviced by NSD just long enough ago that the sticker is still on there... however i've fucked with some things, and you'll need to spend a couple of hundred dollars at NSD to make it work"

i also bought forks that are borderline in the steerer length department. currently running a slammed stem with no bearing dust cover...
I thank people like you, you make these mistakes then I don't have to... Haha

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
Ok... Here we go. ..
Posted up that I had finally gotten around to shortening the brake lines on some
Xo's I've got, out of the goodness of their hearts one of the members (pink poodle)
offered some spacers to me, I graciously declined stating that they were the newer
type that doesn't need them (I'm sure they were when I looked at them)
I go out to put them on ,mmmmmm, that doesn't seem to line up, there seems to be a
BIG gap. .........
I seem to have eyes that are painted on because they are clearly the older type that DO
require CPS washers. ...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ok... Here we go. ..
Posted up that I had finally gotten around to shortening the brake lines on some
Xo's I've got, out of the goodness of their hearts one of the members (pink poodle)
offered some spacers to me, I graciously declined stating that they were the newer
type that doesn't need them (I'm sure they were when I looked at them)
I go out to put them on ,mmmmmm, that doesn't seem to line up, there seems to be a
BIG gap. .........
I seem to have eyes that are painted on because they are clearly the older type that DO
require CPS washers. ...
The price just tripled!

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Tried to put some tyres on track wheel. My god they are insanely hard to get off and on!

After 30 minutes of swearing I finally managed to get one tyre off and the replacement on. Onto next wheel with the the same tight issues. Ripped a massive gash in my hand on the stupid brake track. I knew caliper brakes were rubbish!

Next 15 minutes is me going crazy and pretty much cutting up the second tyre with some pliers. much faster than getting them off haha.

Nick_M2r

Likes Dirt
Time to add myself to the thread

First DH/FR bike I ever had was a 2007 Kona Stinky. Loved it loved it loved it. biggest MTB related regret was selling it. Seen one on eBay, brand new frame and fork. Got all nostalgic inside, made offer.

Nek Minute.

"Your offer was accepted" and I don't need it. F@$k

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Time to add myself to the thread

First DH/FR bike I ever had was a 2007 Kona Stinky. Loved it loved it loved it. biggest MTB related regret was selling it. Seen one on eBay, brand new frame and fork. Got all nostalgic inside, made offer.

Nek Minute.

"Your offer was accepted" and I don't need it. F@$k
The 'that's sweeet! I'll make a bid, I know I won't win it' is responsible for my bloated shed and empty bike account. :doh: