Confessions from the fuckwits

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Found out what it sounds like when you release an air can on a stuck down shock (which visibly wasnt stuck down). Holy shit. I don't scare easy but wow.

Luckily no damage to me or the bike, thank God for sticking a rag through the eyelet.

And yes the air had been taken out as I always remove valve cores.
I seen a video the other day of someone pulling one off, and they sure come off with a bang!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...and a other confession! I received my bike inn parcel today and as I often do I purchased some clearance sunglasses along the way. They looked awesome on the site! But when I opened the box I thought fuck me they look small...yep they are kids glasses. I go to the website and there it is, burried well down the page in the specs as kids glasses. I shouldn't have had to dig that far to see the info. But I should have seen it.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
...and a other confession! I received my bike inn parcel today and as I often do I purchased some clearance sunglasses along the way. They looked awesome on the site! But when I opened the box I thought fuck me they look small...yep they are kids glasses. I go to the website and there it is, burried well down the page in the specs as kids glasses. I shouldn't have had to dig that far to see the info. But I should have seen it.
Give them to one of your puppies.

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Maybe you need a different kind of glasses ;). I hear you can pick up cheap reading glasses from the chemist.

danncam

Likes Dirt
You're borderline fuckwit for believing that someone at 99 Bikes would actually know shit.... :p
not all 99ers. I've had work done by a bunch or bike shops around Frankie and the ninch and 99 bikes in Carrum Downs did a good reasonably priced new riv nuts, press fit bottom bracket and forks and shock service the other week. I went there after a recommendation and will probably keep going there. None of this, oops, did extra work you owe us more now marlarky or pushy salespeople I have found elsewhere

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
not all 99ers. I've had work done by a bunch or bike shops around Frankie and the ninch and 99 bikes in Carrum Downs did a good reasonably priced new riv nuts, press fit bottom bracket and forks and shock service the other week. I went there after a recommendation and will probably keep going there. None of this, oops, did extra work you owe us more now marlarky or pushy salespeople I have found elsewhere
Would have to agree. I think it is very much store specific, which could work against the good ones, considering they are all lumped in as part of the mega conglomerate.

I haven't had any work done by my local 99er, but have been pleasantly surprised by their genuine (not overbearing) helpfulness, and knowledge, staff dependant of course, of road and mtb. I do know of a number of mtbers that get all their servicing and repairs done there, and have yet to hear a bad review.