Convert Traildigger for trials

dai

Squid
hey guys i was wondering if i could convert an eastern traildigger 26er into a trials bike. If this is possible would changing the stock parts to trials parts ie changing the headset bars rear brakes etc. Can the front forks support disc brakes? Oh and it weighs around 29kg

thanks, dai.

Benj

Likes Dirt
No.
You can do trials on anything: I have a friend who became quite accomplished on a torker BMX. However, the short rear, long front and high bottom bracket of trials geometry is important in achieving the appropriate body position and dynamics. Race bmx bikes typically have a longer rear-end and an average/short front-end, so unless you happen to have the frame and bits just lying around you'd be better off spending the money on a specifically designed trials frame.

Chumbo

Likes Dirt
worth a try i think, look at getting your gearing right (maybe up the size of the rear cog to ~18?) and some plazmatic or simialar trials pads for the stock v-brakes. Might want a longer stem for conventional trials but I prefer short personally. Not sure what hub you have but its probably not up to trials in the long term. If your in luck and its a screw on freewheel just find a trials specific one otherwise you'll need to spend big. Good luck.

**For sure though, if you dont actually own this bike - just get a proper trials bike instead

Last edited:

poppa_johns

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i reckon you should ,how pissed will your mates be when you start hopping higher then them on a non trials bike.
go for it mate.

jailbait

Likes Bikes
You can do trials on anything that has good brakes. However a less suitable bike might just slow and/or limit your progress.

You see plenty of people riding light street bikes hoping around, doing front wheel hooks and other trialsy things, even with suspension.

I say go for it.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Traildiggers run a bmx spacing on the rear hub so you would need to use a 20 inch trials hub.