Cool new Hope Cassette/Freehub.

Landon

Likes Dirt
Hope Cassette

This is quite interesting! Trust Hope to make something like this.

Although, the weight saving/durability vs an XX cassette isn't really that flash. With the XX cassette, you only have one sprocket in aluminium for a measly 20g extra apparently.

actionchris

Likes Dirt
Could something like this be used to have a 9 tooth sprocket on the rear like the world cup guys are using?

peachy

Ripe 'n ready!
Where the fuck is the market for that?

Nobody gives a shit about a 6 speed cassette with 8 speed spacing.
Ease up turbo. Obviously he gives a shit about it, and no rider has the right to talk down to another rider based on what they 'wish' they could use/run on their own bike.

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Where the fuck is the market for that?

Nobody gives a shit about a 6 speed cassette with 8 speed spacing.
I give a shit. If you thought for yourself perhaps you would too. But it was in obvious jest. Oh yeah, seems a lot of the DH and 4X pros mix it up with 6 speed cassettes from time to time when not sponsor restricted. I think Specialized or someone was using it or something similer recently.
Wait for the marketing, then you'll want it, LOL.
I'd rather just push myself in close enough gear most of the time on my hack bike, than click click click so my legs feel just right.
Same with DH, when I rarely pedal, close enough is better than clicking and waiting, and being only close enough after click click clicking anyway.
On my tail bike I run a dishless rear single speed wheel with a 6 speed cassette on it, with the size sprockets I decide. A Hope dishless wheel with that cassette in 9 speed would be cool, and lighter with less unsprung weight. Oh and more reliable and durable.
But yeah, the market is small, same with the bennefits, and there's possibly less profit to be made from it.
I do confess, on tight techy climbs, more closely spaced gears would be cool.

Last edited:

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
... I don't see the point? It seems like a lot of trade-offs for what seems to be only 20g worth of weight savings and 9-tooth on a cassette (thanks Kamikazee ideki)

Last edited:

Kamikazee ideki

Likes Dirt
A 9 tooth cassette is great because it means that you can run a 32 front chainring and still have Decent gearing. Pretty much allows for moar clearance :)

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
best thing ive found for this, is that its retro fitable to my pro2 hub, and GO the AUSSIE green and gold.